What changed ?/Network cam advice

Wildwifi

What changed ?/Network cam advice

Post by Wildwifi »

In 2014-17 I used bluee iris with wifi cameras ,...hidden cams etc in my work office. The process was something like 1. Plug in the cam....it broadcasts a name under the router list...you connect..then use the crappy app they suggest,..you conect the cam to the network via ssid and after that Blue iris finds it and it just worked. Now i've moved and am setting up a new office and none of the cams i have picked up over the years seem to work in the same way.....of course the cheap chinese apps for my old cameras aren't even avail anymore anyway. They are literally not in the app store/

Right now im looking for a good DIY wifi hidden cam kit that i can put in the ac unit next to my safe or some other less inconspicuous spot. Let me know if anyone has any ideas on this. I found a kit and the seller said "these cameras just dont work with blue iris" Why? Then they give you a crappy software app to record to your phone. I have this at a buisiness,. ..i need it to work nonstop for years and have high capacity recording with all the options...i dont want some junky app

any help would be appreciated to steer me down the right path

best

G
MikeBwca

Re: What changed ?/Network cam advice

Post by MikeBwca »

Yes, it can be frustrating, Especially when moving BI to another computer/location. I understand.

More information please. Details. A lot has changed in BI since 2014

- How did you move the old Blue Iris desktop to your new location? Move & plug in? Copied/restored to a new computer?
- What version of Blue Iris was installed at your previous location?
- What version of Blue Iris is installed at your new location?
- What app are you referring too? The camera manufactures phone app, or the BI phone app?