Upgrade from Intel 6th Gen to 8th Gen

stone28

Upgrade from Intel 6th Gen to 8th Gen

Post by stone28 »

hi all,

I've just upgraded from my Intel 6th Gen machine to a 8th gen machine but the processor usage is really high on the new machine 70-80%! I'm using Blue Iris 5.4.7.11 as this is the version I had bought few years ago.

In the BI CPU usage shows around 30% but in the Windows task manager it's 85%+ (Win 11). My new PC also has 16GB of Ram as oppose to 4GB or 8GB from the previous machine.

are there some settings I need to change on the new machine to by better optimised?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Radek
TimG

Re: Upgrade from Intel 6th Gen to 8th Gen

Post by TimG »

I'm guessing you already know that the new cpu is faster than the old one ? i.e you didn't go for a low power new cpu :shock:

Have you set each camera to record direct to disk ? and I find sub-streams save more cpu than using Intel hardware gpu acceleration. I think you have a lot of tweaking to do. Was this a restored configuration, or a new set up ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
stone28

Post by stone28 »

I mean new set up but I was going page by page on both machines and was trying to set everything the same.
stone28

Post by stone28 »

OMG!!!! I didn't have Direct-to-disk setting on on any of the cameras!!!! Ticked the box for all 3 and now the PU usage went down to 7% (I mean as shown on BluIris, windows Task shows more like 30% but still!))).

THANK YOU!!!
TimG

Post by TimG »

Almost sorted. No problem, now go to general settings/ Other, and adjust that "CPU usage factor" until the BI5 CPU level makes sense. Mine is on 6, so don't panic 8-)
Forum Moderator.
stone28

Post by stone28 »

Hi,

Not sure what I need to do with that CPU factor but at this point the CPU usage, as shown within the BI5 interface, shows as 2% ;-) so I'm not touching anything else ;-)

Thank you again for helping with this.

Radek
TimG

Post by TimG »

It's just cosmetic. If you want it to match adjust it, otherwise meh!
Forum Moderator.