Add an option in the action menu to upload images in SMB or CIFS

jeremypsl

Add an option in the action menu to upload images in SMB or CIFS

Post by jeremypsl »

Hello,

Is it possible to add an option in the action menu to upload images like FTP but SMB or CIFS please ?
For now i use the FTP option to send my "Camera's alert image" to my Home Assistant folder.

Thanks.
Pogo

Re: Add an option in the action menu to upload images in SMB or CIFS

Post by Pogo »

There are a few different methods for doing so depending on the intended purpose / desired destination as shown below.

Email and SMS are the most common, but delivery times can vary greatly with different smtp and data service providers.

'Pushover' is an alternative approach that many are beginning to use with Curl or Python which provides a more consistent experience. Their service/API is $4.99 US for lifetime use. https://pushover.net/ Details about using the Curl approach (native to Windows 10) can be found here. https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/send-push ... nks.58819/

Action Set Types.jpg
Action Set Types.jpg (62.47 KiB) Viewed 155 times

Action Set Config.jpg
Action Set Config.jpg (91.5 KiB) Viewed 155 times
jeremypsl

Post by jeremypsl »

Thank you for your answer but i need to push alert images to a network folder, nothing else.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Sorry. I totally zoned out on SMB. Was thinking SMS instead. Brain cramp.

You may want to explore the 'Run a program or write to a file' option. There isn't much you can't do there (given the required skill set) for any number of methods.

What is the FTP approach lacking that SMB or CIFS would otherwise provide? Just the sharing convenience, or are you looking for more immediacy in the transfer process?
jeremypsl

Post by jeremypsl »

Because FTP is not very secure in my opinion and i don't use it normally. So i need to deploy a server only for that instead of using something i already use to browse my IoT server.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

It still doesn't seem clear whether you're wanting a push action, a storage management process, a sharing/browsing option or all four.

SMB is secure?