Timeline view zoomed in on some cameras

General discussion about Blue Iris
ryno

Timeline view zoomed in on some cameras

Post by ryno »

When I seek back on the timeline some of the cameras (more than half) are zoomed in on the all cameras view. If I fullscreen one of the zoomed in cameras it returns to normal. After closing that viewer window (timeline single camera) it doesn't return to all cameras instead it goes back to the single zoomed in camera view. I have to close the timeline view completely and return to the time to show all cameras with the same cameras zoomed in again.

How do I make all cameras normal non zoomed view in the timeline? How do I return to all cameras from single camera timeline view without returning to live view and back to timeline?

In live view all cameras look fine not zoomed in at all.

I have 35 cameras recording continuously and everything is working well besides these issues.

Thanks for the help
MikeBwca

Re: Timeline view zoomed in on some cameras

Post by MikeBwca »

BI recently added a new feature... ''Group layout digital zoom'.
It must have a use! Can anyone elaborate on this?

If one or more cameras in the 'group layout' was zoomed in, then group layout exited, this would result in what your experiencing.

To make all Cameras fully zoomed out...
1. Click the grey 'Edit Layout'. This is the pencil icon at the top.
2. Hover over each camera.
3. If the pointer changes to a 'Hand', then the camera has previous been zoomed in. Fully zoom out the camera by using the mouse wheel forward. (there does not appear to be a 'zoom out' option)
4. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each camera.
5. Click the Green 'Edit Layout' icon to exit.

Test. No cameras should be zoomed in.
ryno

Re: Timeline view zoomed in on some cameras

Post by ryno »

Thanks for the response. I did what you said and they were all zoomed out. Update to 5.8.8.3 seemed to solve the issue though. That group zoom is an odd feature to me but I probably just don't understand the use case.