Reolink TrackMix BI Setup for Motion Record

shaywood

Reolink TrackMix BI Setup for Motion Record

Post by shaywood »

Hello, I purchased a Reolink TrackMix Duo camera. I see that the camera has separate streams for the main video (wide) and a separate stream for the zoomed video. How Do I properly setup the camera to record both video pictures when triggers on the main video are activated? I read online about creating a separate cloned camera for the 2nd video stream, but I'm not certain how to record, display and send alerts containing both video streams of the same events.

Thanks
Shawn
Pogo

Re: Reolink TrackMix BI Setup for Motion Record

Post by Pogo »

A clone could handle the secondary stream recording requirements (however they would be configured) and be triggered either by the main camera triggers or its own triggers, whichever provided the best sync between the two..., if sync is desired.

The issue will be two different focal lengths and their respective resolutions and pixel densities requiring individual consideration for the desired blend or most effective combination of results.

Alerts would probably only be necessary from one since it would be representing the activity of each stream. It could be set up to provide jpegs and/or clip links to both streams.

Then again, I also seem to recall the ability to set up the secondary stream as its own camera in BI anyway which would essentially be the 'clone'.