newby with camera connection problems

For anything else on your mind
MikeBwca

Re: newby with camera connection problems

Post by MikeBwca »

Did we scare him away, again! lol

- Please post the Foscam model #, and the make and model # of the new camera.
- Can you login into both cameras? That's the cameras interface via a browser.

I'm also having issues now with my foscam's not being recognized by BI Find/Inspect. This happened back in 2020 also. Even though there listed in BI, it's possible they removed the settings for them (again).

I've opened a ticket with support.
HughS

Post by HughS »

Nope, not scared me off yet... For info on previous queries about user name and password. I did go into the app and change user name and password to ensure I was working with current info. But that did not take into account if FOSCAM is changing passwords... never heard of that before. As to the Camera info:
FOSCAM
Model: HT2
HD wireless PTZ Dome IP Camera
Device Name: MDS2031 (not sure what this is, just on the label)
MAC ID: 00626EFE767F

I type the IP address into the browser and will not connect - not sure how that works.. or don't work in this case.
I have put the other camera aside since someone said it definitely would not work with BI.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Have you useed the Foscam app to log into the camera? Then set it up with a static IP address, and, change the userID & password.
HughS

Post by HughS »

I have logged in and viewed the camera on the FOSCAM app.. and I updated the user name and password... I am not aware of how to assign the camera a Static IP address within the app.. the app does show what IP address the camera is on when I check stats.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

There are other ways to find the IP/port address...
- Foscam has a camera search program available on their website.
- I use an older utility called 'Tenvis Search Tool' version 4.0.0.3 - that still works.
- Use Blue Iris's Ip search.

Once you log into your cameras gui, go to the the network area and turn off DHCP. Once you do that, other fields should 'un-ghost' letting you specify a static IP address. You'll probably need to enter ofhter info like Mask & Gateway.

Screen captures of various info would be a next step.

If you cannot login to your camera, there's not much we can do. Other than remoting into your desktop a a looky-see - and that''s always a safe option!
TimG

Post by TimG »

I am not aware of how to assign the camera a Static IP address within the app.. the app does show what IP address the camera is on when I check stats.
I agree with MikeBwca. Could you show a screengrab of the actual camera menu for the IP address ? (Not the BI5 menu for that camera)

FWIW: I set static IP addresses in all of my cameras. Not address reservation in a router, which appears to do the same thing until you replace your router. Armed with that and the list of camera IP's and passwords, you should be good to go. Even after a disastrous pc failure.
The trick is to understand the range of IP addresses automatically handed out by the router - known as the DHCP range or window and avoiding it. If the DHCP range was (for example) 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.50 then you just have to avoid that range when you choose a static IP address for a camera. For the range above, you would be safe to use 192.168.0.51 and upwards with your new camera.

I do suggest that the quickest way to sort this will be by asking Foscam how to set the camera up for Blue Iris.

There ***IS*** a chance that your camera is fighting with the router for an IP address. Advanced IP scanner and ONVIF Device Manager would be my tools of choice there.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HughS

Post by HughS »

Ok, back again
ONVIF shot
ONVIF shot.jpg
ONVIF shot.jpg (63.84 KiB) Viewed 81 times
All the other cameras listed there show up in ONVIF and BI5 - Foscam does not work here in ONVIF pgm. This show the error , I am not up on what that means.

MyIPCam addon in Firefox shot
ONVIF shot.jpg
ONVIF shot.jpg (63.84 KiB) Viewed 81 times
this shot also shows the IP address that works with the MyIpCam addon in firefox - Foscam works fine in this.

Does this help narrow down the glitch of the Foscam not working in Bi5 ?
Attachments
Debut 98.jpg
Debut 98.jpg (84.75 KiB) Viewed 81 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

Is that ODM at the top ? If so add in your Foscam camera user/pw at the top of the screen so that it can log in to the camera fully. It is the reason for the error message. If ODM can log in and you can see the camera menu's, it should work with BI5. So close...

If it can't log in, that tells us something too.

And what DOES it do if you add the IP address into a browser ? http://192.168.1.22 ? It should show you a Foscam log in page like this:

foscam1.png
foscam1.png (63.51 KiB) Viewed 48 times

And when you log in there you can check the IP configuration (These are my static IP settings and will differ from yours):

foscam2.png
foscam2.png (130.43 KiB) Viewed 48 times

And you may also find that ONVIF is OFF. I would try ON in your case, then let BI5 do a find/inspect again:

foscam onvif.png
foscam onvif.png (137.59 KiB) Viewed 48 times
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HughS

Post by HughS »

Thanks, I will give that a try... I just put up another camera in the mean time... will get to the FOSCAM soon... been a pain so far.