AI has been restarted

ducem

AI has been restarted

Post by ducem »

After upgrading to CPAI 2.5.1 (yolo8) I have noticed the red status icon in BI. On opening the log the only thing I can see unusual is AI has been restarted, it is happening every 3-6 hours.
Anyone else seeing this?
TimG

Re: AI has been restarted

Post by TimG »

I installed 2.5.1 a couple of days ago but I'm using 'Yolov5 6.2' not 'Yolov8'. It stopped once in the middle of the night, but has otherwise worked well. I'm using ipcam-combined, and I don't believe 'Yolov8' works with custom models yet.

Did you find a list of which gpu works best with each object detection module ? Sardon asked on the CPAI forum, and the results were interesting, but difficult to help choose anything:

Screenshot 2024-02-01 104951.png
Screenshot 2024-02-01 104951.png (42.3 KiB) Viewed 505 times
I note that the Coral devices are quick with a tiny model. I don't think they will compete with a gpu for accurate identification with larger models.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
ducem

Re: AI has been restarted

Post by ducem »

Thanks for that Tim. I reverted back to v5 6.2 and still the same. After some digging apparently untick the auto start/stop with blue iris has the majority vote. Unticked and no restarts
FWIW yolo v8 did work with ipcam-general. It was the only custom model in the model file for v8.
I have a coral tpu on its way but I will leave that for a rainy week!