Resolved: 1) No alerts after BI update, 2) Yellow triangle and no alerts on camera

fbf3

Resolved: 1) No alerts after BI update, 2) Yellow triangle and no alerts on camera

Post by fbf3 »

These may be unique to my system.

1) No alerts after a BI update. I've been staying current with releases, installing them as soon as they are available. On or about December 18, 2023, my cameras no longer recorded alerts. The fix was to change the 5000 (or other) port to 32168 in two places and enable the checkbox in the second location as described in this post:

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproje ... ing.69598/

2) Yellow triangle on two cameras, one new and one old camera, and no alerts from those cameras. The yellow triangle indicates a stream error, sometimes shows as a video stream error. Turns out, for my case, I had mistakenly enabled Audio in those two camera's settings. Those cameras did not support audio, so the stream error was an audio stream failure. Since the software thought there was a video stream error, recording of video alerts was disabled. Unchecking the Audio box in each of the two camera settings, removed the yellow triangles and allowed those cameras to record Alerts.
TimG

Re: Resolved: 1) No alerts after BI update, 2) Yellow triangle and no alerts on camera

Post by TimG »

Hi, they are not unique, and your post will help other people.

CPAI started with port 5000 then they decided to use 32168 (32 16 8) and said it would change over fully in the future. Looks like that happened.

The watchdog function was updated recently in BI5. It is mentioned in the help file, but who reads that :lol: The gist of it is that if your camera doesn't have audio this new function will keep stopping the stream if audio is selected. I guess it thinks the audio has failed.

Good work :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.