Ambient Temperature Switch

General discussion about Blue Iris
tardigrade

Ambient Temperature Switch

Post by tardigrade »

Finally got around to pulling some wires through the attic thanks to the cooler winter weather. It would make a less labor intensive and cleaner install to put a switch down stream in one area to pull some of the cameras back to instead of pulling all the wires all the way across the whole house (should have used a switch in the front but did not think it through...) Too, it would facilitate future expansion but the location for the switch is under a porch that is exposed to the annual 20 to 105 temperatures. I found some POE switches by Ubiquity that the specs seem to fit but was wondering if you guys had any others you have had success with. (And now you know why I waited until winter to pull wires in the attic.)
volebarred

Re: Ambient Temperature Switch

Post by volebarred »

tardigrade wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:46 am Finally got around to pulling some wires through the attic thanks to the cooler winter weather. It would make a less labor intensive and cleaner install to put a switch down stream in one area to pull some of the cameras back to instead of pulling all the wires all the way across the whole house (should have used a switch in the front but did not think it through...) Too, it would facilitate future expansion but the location for the switch is under a porch that is exposed to the annual 20 to 105 temperatures. I found some POE switches by Ubiquity that the specs seem to fit but was wondering if you guys had any others you have had success with. (And now you know why I waited until winter to pull wires in the attic.) eggy car
If you have found some Ubiquity POE switches with suitable specifications then you can use it to save time. Because no matter what POE switches will work similarly