Replay is skipping 5-15s randomly

General discussion about Blue Iris
ecsproull

Replay is skipping 5-15s randomly

Post by ecsproull »

Usually at the most inopportune times during play back I'm losing 5-15s or recorded video. I'm not sure where to look next.

System: 17 Annke C800 cameras, 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz with 32g or RAM and 3 x Seagate Skyhawk ST4000VX013 4 TB Hard Drive - 3.5" Internal - SATA (SATA/600). I do not see any resource issues in PerfMon. I have the cameras set at 15 frames per second and have an app that I wrote to keep the disk usage balanced across drives. Each drive is over 50% free space. It is running on Windows 11. The cameras are set to continuous record when it is happening. It is almost like it was in triggered mode and then recycling between events.

Any suggestions on where to look or experiment with to try to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Can database corruption cause this? I've tried going to the file on disk and running it from there in hopes the video would be there but no luck.
louyo

Re: Replay is skipping 5-15s randomly

Post by louyo »

Make sure logging is set to log to file. Then look in the file for any info at the time/date of the missing video.
I saw similar but it had to do with wireless camera. Fix was drill a hole in the wall and run wire (I hate wireless).
ecsproull

Post by ecsproull »

Thanks, I switched on log to file and will use that. I could scan the logs in the dialog, back to the time it happened and don't see any errors. I'll examine the logs in a day or two to see if there is any additional information there.
ecsproull

Post by ecsproull »

To close the loop on this, reducing my frame rate from 15fps to 8fps on all 17 cameras has cured it. Actually, the whole system runs so much faster, it is amazing.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Another option would be to lower the resolution on the cameras that don't need the higher resolutions. Keeping the resolution and fps higher for a few.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

If the C800s have the option to use h264 for the main stream, try that. Otherwise, try a 5MP resolution at a normal frame and bit rate. This may force the issue to h264 by default with the lower resolution.

Sounds like the typical h265 problem Blue Iris seems to experience with certain (many?) 4K HEVC implementations.

The cure is usually h264.
deep2

Post by deep2 »

Pogo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:28 am If the C800s have the option to use h264 for the main stream, try that. Otherwise, try a 5MP resolution at a normal frame and bit rate. This may force the issue to h264 by default with the lower resolution.

Sounds like the typical h265 problem Blue Iris seems to experience with certain (many?) 4K HEVC implementations.

The cure is usually h264.
What are the recommended settings for the Annke C800 cameras to resolve potential h265 playback issues and ensure optimal performance?