Upgrading PC procedure

General discussion about Blue Iris
stone28

Upgrading PC procedure

Post by stone28 »

Hi,

I just upgraded my PC server but not sure what are the steps to move BlueIris from one machine to the other (I'm using version 5.4.7.11).

Do I just install as normal on a new PC using the same serial number and just Export/Import Settings? and then kill the other (old) server?

Are there many changes and if it's worth looking into buying again the most recent version of BlueIris? I have a really basic setup, 3 or 4 cameras so and not using any fancy stuff. Just standard recording around the house.

Thank you in advance for any help.
IAmATeaf

Re: Upgrading PC procedure

Post by IAmATeaf »

What I have done is do an export of the settings within BI, I also did an export for the BI registry key within regedit.exe.

Make sure you have a copy of the update that you are allowed to install based upon when your support expired. Then deactivate BI on the old PC, install and activate on the new. Make sure that your drive letters and the folder structure in the drive is the exact same.

When it came to settings import I actually didn’t do this and as I don’t really have that complicated a setup I just manually configured BI but you could import at this stage.
stone28

Re: Upgrading PC procedure

Post by stone28 »

Great. Thank you for your reply