Seeking Assistance with Eliminating False Positives in Motion Detection

General discussion about Blue Iris
Sardon

Re: Seeking Assistance with Eliminating False Positives in Motion Detection

Post by Sardon »

I've mirrored your settings Pogo and still no joy. I'll try capture the screen in video to show you what I've done. Walked by the window again and still doesn't work..
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Something very basic is being overlooked. I'll check back in 30 minutes or so.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Sardon, while waiting for Pogo, can you confirm:

1. that this isn't using AI,
2. if there are any cancelled Alerts.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

TimG wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:33 pm Sardon, while waiting for Pogo, can you confirm:

1. that this isn't using AI,
2. if there are any cancelled Alerts.
Hey Tim.. I can confirm 100% that this isn't using AI.. It's a fresh re-install of Windows 11. I haven't even installed CPAI as of yet I was tempted to but opted for the poor mans trip wire method as suggested by Pogo..

Where would one check for cancelled alerts ?

Anyway something isn't right.. I've temporarily disabled the clone, clicked on motion detection on main camera and alerts come through no problem showing up in BI alerts tab, my android phone thus hitting my wrist watch.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

I need to make a video here as copying and pasting images is not going to identify an issue. Let me install OBS make a video upload to google drive and I'll post the URL in here which can in turn be streamed.. Hopefully one of you may be able to identify what the issue is... Something definitely a miss as I've seen Pogo's video clip he put up on YouTube and it worked no problem at all.. I'm thinking it may be settings in the main camera that are conflicting with the clone.. I have no idea at this stage and I've mirrored Pogo's settings...Anyway I'll create a video clip that should enable you guys to identify a potential issue... back soon with the URL....
TimG

Post by TimG »

It's dark oop North now me duck 8-)

And Friday, so bottle of wine 'O' clock is looming. Let's hope Pogo returns soon :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Be careful what you wish for. LOL

I'm back temporarily amid trying to get a down camera back online and bringing in firewood before it starts raining here. For better or worse, I'll be available most of the later afternoon.

Try setting up the trip wire approach with your main camera as a test (if you haven't already). Also disable your main camera as another test to see if the clone stays active. It should.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

TimG wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:04 pm It's dark oop North now me duck 8-)

And Friday, so bottle of wine 'O' clock is looming. Let's hope Pogo returns soon :mrgreen:
LOL yeah it's pitch black here already down south!!!

OK guys.. Sorry if the video is a bit rushed when I'm clicking on different tabs.... easily addressed by clicking on pause :)

Here is the URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-QTOw0 ... sp=sharing

May take a bit of time for google to process but should soon be available

Again, much appreciation for the great friendly support I have received from you guys. Really thank you both Tim and Pogo for your assistance here.. Anyway I'm going to take a walk.. BI has caused me to BSOD of the mind...

P.S in the beginning of the video at 0:12 I tell Alexa to turn on the kitchen light so to see if the alert is working in normal mode (original camera) in which it is, you can see the alert get registered top left once it detects my lamp and you hear my custom audio sound.. so alerts work fine on the original camera but when I disable motion detection on original and enable on the clone , walk up and down my balcony , no alerts registered top left in BI, no sound, no mobile phone push.. nothing :(
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Make certain Object detection is not active and check the video settings to ensure only the main stream is active. Disable record dual streams if available.

I'm rushing to beat the rain now -- before it dives to single digits (F) as a major storm approaches.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

Pogo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:48 pm Make certain Object detection is not active and check the video settings to ensure only the main stream is active. Disable record dual streams if available.

I'm rushing to beat the rain now -- before it dives to single digits (F) as a major storm approaches.
I really admire where you reside.. Your place backs off into the wilderness ! Amazing really.. Yeah no worries get the fire logs and get home safe !!