Camera's timestamp and BI timestamp don't match and progressively diverge

louyo

Re: Camera's timestamp and BI timestamp don't match and progressively diverge

Post by louyo »

>>The hardware is an actual Dell server, dual CPUs with 12 cores each, and 128GB of ram.
CPU speed is far more important than cores/CPU's, IMO. We have a very old Dell server, 2 processor, etc but less than 2 Ghz. Won't handle many cameras and we only do 1080. Mostly use it to do GPU in a Docker for CPAI.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

HeneryH wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:40 pm
Pogo wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:23 pm ...
First and foremost, any Reolink advice received in a Blue Iris forum will generally be negative if not downright abusive to anyone daring to even bring the subject to light. .... Not quite that bad here, but one can be crucified elsewhere for bringing up any Reolink related topic. .
How has Reolink worked out for you with BI? Would you recommend the pairing?
Pogo, what would you tell a new user who is thinking of using Reolink?
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

So when someone asks you about using Reolink cameras with Bi your response is to spit out URLs?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Your wise-assery serves absolutely zero productive purpose. And you're not a very creative fisherman.

My general position amid quite a few observations and related personal experiences is the majority of this thread's content and should be obvious to even a casual observer. The references were included to broaden the scope of anyone interested in seeking intelligent life beyond this forum.

I'm sorry I didn't have any sidewalk chalk or fat crayons handy to provide additional clarification for the more astute observers among you.

Now are we done?
louyo

Post by louyo »

Now are we done?

Nope :)
Happy New Year to all!!
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

adam7456 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:16 pm A point I didn't mention in my previous post is that after I verified the 4k setting had the time delay and the 1440 setting did not, I then enabled 6 other cameras and repeated the test. With 7 cameras running at 1440 or 1080 there was no time delay.
The reason that worked is because the main streams reverted to H264 when set below 4K. Interesting, eh? One can draw their own conclusions there.

While I just coincidentally stumbled across that yesterday in another forum and never actually realized it previously, I hardly think cutting the balls off a HEVC 4K camera just so it will work with Blue Iris is a rational or acceptable solution on any level either. I'm sure you would agree.

The 810 annd 811 were the only cameras referenced in the particular post. VLC, ODM or even tinyCam could quickly determine if the same also held true for the other cameras among the 7 you mentioned above. I'll take a guess it will if their firmware also just defaults to H265 in 4K and is still not user selectable.

While this doesn't necessarily rule out other possible hardware issues contributing to your specific situation, it does certainly point directly back to a H265 compatibility issue with Blue Iris regardless of which end may be the cuplrit.

Again, good luck with your efforts. I hope you are researching other resources for useful info as well.
adam7456

Post by adam7456 »

It's been said that VLC isn't a good way to verify anything. If an H.265 stream plays with no time delay would that rule out a hardware issue or does VLC just do something to play the stream better but not really decode it?

From what I can tell the CPUs on the computer I'm using for BI5 were released before H.265 was released. With no built in support for H.265 in the CPU it would come down to how a 3rd party software handles it. VLC has some display issues with the H.265 video but the time sync problem did not appear, at least not in the major way it does in BI5.

Another test I ran was getting a Dell gaming laptop configured with a 2nd license of BI5 that I have. It is running an 11th Gen i7-11800H with 16gb of ram, and an NVIDIA RTX 3060 graphics card in addition to the built in Intel UHD graphics. The time delay for the exact same cameras set to 4k did not appear. However, after about 12 hours the camera was about 10 seconds out of synch and 16 hours it was 12 seconds out sync. BI5 was using the CPU and the Intel graphics by default. I just switched it to use the NVIDA card and the CPU usage dropped 10% while the NVidia gpu increased from 3% to 50%. I'll have to let it run all day and see if the time sync issue appears again. This is with 5 cameras running, 2 set at 4k, 2 set at 1440, and 1 set at 1080.
hendrics

Post by hendrics »

I do apologies for restarting this post but I seem to be having similar issue with reolink NVR and brand new mini pc with i7 13700H 32GB ram and SDD disk. I have 4 cameras and setting up both streams as separate cameras I have 2 4k streams and 2 1440p streams and also substreams. At first all the cameras had almost lag. But after a day of so the lag is more than 4 seconds and growing. And pretty much all streams. nVR has the latest version released end of jan. restarting nvr and windows no longer fixes the problem. I do observe choppiness when replaying alerts. I do have a lot of alerts suiting the day. So there seem to be no consensus or type of settings to make it work? Is it nvr? Is it bi5? Or is it my mini server or windows 11?
TimG

Post by TimG »

So are you seeing the video in BI5 delayed compared to the video on the NVR ? Please be as specific as you can.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.