CPAI Coral Detections not working

General discussion about Blue Iris
douga

Re: CPAI Coral Detections not working

Post by douga »

MikeLud wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:47 pm The custom models are faster and have better accuracy. I use ipcam-general on all my cameras.
I am working on a Coral module that will work with custom models.
That would be amazing, good luck.
nothinger

Post by nothinger »

MikeLud wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:47 pm The custom models are faster and have better accuracy. I use ipcam-general on all my cameras.
I am working on a Coral module that will work with custom models.
I'm looking forward to use them. The default models on mine strangely take 100-200ms to process. It could be because I run blueiris as a VM in Hyper-v and passthrough the pci-e coral directly to the VM, but I was expecting a bit better performance. It is a Ryzen 5800U cpu running it.
dwhelan

Post by dwhelan »

Hi Mike,

Curious how you're coming with Coral AI and custom models? I just need to detect people and vehicles. I have a Nvidia 1030 GPU but would consider switching to Coral if much faster?

Thanks,

David
yonnysmith

Post by yonnysmith »

I tried again today with a coral tpu wif m2. Installed without issues. CPAI Dashboard worked with the coral module and achieved inference speeds of 7-9ms on cpai.

But from the Blueiris side - no triggers would trigger the coral to analyise the snapshots. Swapped the module back to GPU and working again.

What am I missing? Some on the BI side? Some config setting in the AI of BI?
Or are the the models of the current cpai module tpu(tf-lite) just not working with BI?

Thanks

Unraid server - cpai running in a container
BI on a dedicated windows pc
nothinger

Post by nothinger »

yonnysmith wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 pm I tried again today with a coral tpu wif m2. Installed without issues. CPAI Dashboard worked with the coral module and achieved inference speeds of 7-9ms on cpai.

But from the Blueiris side - no triggers would trigger the coral to analyise the snapshots. Swapped the module back to GPU and working again.

What am I missing? Some on the BI side? Some config setting in the AI of BI?
Or are the the models of the current cpai module tpu(tf-lite) just not working with BI?

Thanks

Unraid server - cpai running in a container
BI on a dedicated windows pc
I'm not an expert, but I'll try to help. From what I understand, the software movement detection from Blue Iris or the camera own movement sensor via ONVIF will tell Blue Iris to pass that to AI to do the object detection. Just to make it clear, coral does not trigger any detection, it just identifies what is on the image from a trigger that Blue Iris created, and passed the image for it to analise. BI then has configuration to confirm/cancel the detection based on its configuration under the AI tab for each camera.

For example, my decent cameras all trigger ONVIF alerts to BlueIris, then on alert tab of the camera I have the AI configuration as follow:
Screenshot 2024-04-20 104553.png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 104553.png (44.07 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
Screenshot 2024-04-20 104512.png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 104512.png (55.08 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
nothinger

Post by nothinger »

Also make sure it is using the correct port, codeproject ai changed its port on recent updates:
Screenshot 2024-04-20 104716.png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 104716.png (56.1 KiB) Viewed 2608 times