Good mobile client

General discussion about Blue Iris
burner

Good mobile client

Post by burner »

Is there any good mobile client for Blue Iris? I have now that Blue Iris named android app but it is just rubbish. I like to buy app also for other family phones but that software is so mesh that I dont see much value at it. So is there any 3th party software what is more usable for live view and watch recent recordings?
IAmATeaf

Re: Good mobile client

Post by IAmATeaf »

Not that I’m aware of? You could maybe try using UI3 which is access via a browser?

I use the app on iOS and for me yes it’s not slick or swish but it just works, does occasionally crap out and crash especially if I’m searching for a clip from ages ago but apart from that it’s fine.

If you enable friends and family then you only need to purchase the app the once as well.

If you have issues or have suggestions then log a support ticket and you never know your suggestion might be included in the next update?
louyo

Post by louyo »

VPN connection and your browser using the UI server is best, IMO.

Happy whatever you celebrate.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I think that BI outsources their mobile apps. Not that that excuses lack of support, just an observation.

The iOS mobile app is ok for me.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Android App working well here with ZeroTier - both locally and remotely.

As ever, Ken will listen to constructive criticism, and if you have a good idea it may be taken on board.

Merry Christmas to all 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I wonder why the Android app is so rubbish as the iOS app does work for me. In fact just yesterday I scanned through clips to see when a van opposite my house was dumped there.

As I mentioned already it does and can randomly crap itself but in the main it just works for me.
rbroders

Post by rbroders »

Is audio working for you with the iOS app?

Thanks -- Bob
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

rbroders wrote:Is audio working for you with the iOS app?

Thanks -- Bob
Yes it does
TimG

Post by TimG »

To make it clear, I have the android version of the mobile app working on four different devices. It works normally on all of them, and I haven't had any issues with video or audio. My devices are:

Samsung Galaxy Ultra S22 [12GB RAM, 6 Used/ 512GB Storage]
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite [8GB RAM]
Fire HD 10 tablet [3GB RAM]
Huawei CMR-W09 tablet [4GB RAM]

The Ultra S22 is my personal device, and it uses ZeroTier to allow seamless BI5 android app operation on and off the home LAN.

Now clearly some of you guys ARE having problems, and you don't think anybody is listening. If you help me make a list here, I will forward it on to Support for advice. Ken does listen, but I can assure you that you will catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar. This is a friendly forum, and you have to post within the rules stated in "Terms" at the bottom of the screen. Nobody has crossed that line in this thread.

As usual, there will be a technical reason why problems occur. It may be that your device is so full of apps that it runs out of memory when starting a resource hungry app like Blue Iris so it crashes, but lets try and and figure out the rules instead of calling it garbage. We need a consistent method of showing resources on android devices. What do you think ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

From what I know the mobile apps are coded by a 3rd party and updates to the apps can take time as they have to be validated and approved by Google/Apple.

Am sort of surprised that you’ve not had a reply back as in the past Ken has replied to say there will be an update coming.