Android App isn't responding

Rookie23

Android App isn't responding

Post by Rookie23 »

When I am using the Blue iris App on Android I keep getting the message "Blue Iris isn't responding" and the option to WAIT OR CLOSE.
Neither option helps and eventually the app crashes. (it is downloading some data and can see a notification in the "Connections" tab in BI Status)
I have tried: deleting storage cache, deleting storage data, uninstalling/reinstalling the App, rebooting the server, restarting my vpn and nothing so far helps.
I tried the exact same server connect details from the iPad App and it loads within a few seconds.

I have no idea what to try next, any help would be appreciated
TimG

Re: Android App isn't responding

Post by TimG »

Android app working fine here, can you send an email to Support ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Rookie23

Post by Rookie23 »

TimG wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:21 am Android app working fine here, can you send an email to Support ?
Have sent an email to support.
captjohn25

Post by captjohn25 »

I also am having this issue. What was the solution for the previous post?
Rookie23

Post by Rookie23 »

captjohn25 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:42 am I also am having this issue. What was the solution for the previous post?
No solution as yet, still have the same issue.
I can only use IOS app currently from devices other than my phone which is not ideal.
Please contact support for assistance, if they solve you issue maybe they can solve mine, at this stage they have not been able to reproduce the problem.
captjohn25

Post by captjohn25 »

I have a Google Pixel 4a with Android version 13
Rookie23

Post by Rookie23 »

richards wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:41 pm
Rookie23 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:17 am When I am using the Blue iris App on Android I keep getting the message "Blue Iris isn't responding" and the option to WAIT OR CLOSE.
Neither option helps and eventually the app crashes. (it is downloading some data and can see a notification in the "Connections" tab in BI Status)
I have tried: deleting storage cache, deleting storage data, uninstalling/reinstalling the App, rebooting the server, restarting my vpn and nothing so far helps.
I tried the exact same server connect details from the iPad App and it loads within a few seconds.

I have no idea what to try next, any help would be appreciated
I have the same problem. What version of Android are you running and what model phone?
I emailed support, no response.
Huawei P20 Pro Android 12
jasestu

Post by jasestu »

Adding a "me too". Android app has been very slow to load the last couple of months. I thought it was completely hanging, but it responds, it just takes 30s or so after opening before you can interact with it.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Merry Christmas to all.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
nothinger

Post by nothinger »

I have the paid android app and often when I launch it, it does not load the camera feeds or alerts. I need to forcibly close the app using android app settings, and launch it again. It has been a not very pleasant experience. I ended up using the web interface which works 100% of the time, but the thumbnails are too small to check alerts, even when selecting to expand them. The android client has bigger alert thumbnails, but would benefit from following similar interface as Scrypted client.