Reolink Video Doorbell 2-way Audio Support in BI app

hanktt007

Reolink Video Doorbell 2-way Audio Support in BI app

Post by hanktt007 »

This post is more directed to Ken. Not sure if this is the right place to ask. The Reolink Video Doorbell seems to be a good quality and inexpensive video doorbell solution for those looking for a POE doorbell. The only issue that I (and TimG) find is that 2-way audio doesn't work on the BI app. This necessitate us to use allow internet access by the camera so that the Reolink app can be used for 2-way audio on my cellphone. If 2-way audio can be supported directly by BI app, that would enable us to close the firewall and have higher level of security. Hope Ken can put on his agenda for this support in the near future.
dpward

Re: Reolink Video Doorbell 2-way Audio Support in BI app

Post by dpward »

I don't have one of these (yet) but could you please clarify the firmware version that's not working?

Note that there was a firmware update released in April, which added "ONVIF with two-way audio support using RTSP".
TimG

Re: Reolink Video Doorbell 2-way Audio Support in BI app

Post by TimG »

I don't have one of these (yet) but could you please clarify the firmware version that's not working?
My cctv LAN runs on a second NIC (I run a separate cctv LAN isolated from the internet) and that is why the Reolink POE doorbell cannot be accessed from the Reolink app on the internet. I am running the latest Reolink firmware on the doorbell. What we are asking here is if Support (Ken is the Boss) could sort out BI5 two way audio with it which could allow 2-way audio to the mobile BI5 app or pc.

It really wasn't one of my requirements. I wanted a door camera and a "doorbell button pressed" function. Both of these are working, with both BI5 and Homeseer reading the ONVIF doorbell button.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.