24h time / overlay issue in BI5

Fazed

24h time / overlay issue in BI5

Post by Fazed »

Has anybody been able to get 24h time working properly? I had no issues in BI4 but now in BI5 the overlay functionality is leaving me confused.

I am trying to achieve the following:

1. Direct to disk
2. 24h time visible in the live view
3. 24h time visible in exports I make

What I am currently getting is

1. Direct to disk
2. 12h time visible in the live view
3. 24h time visible in the exports
4. One camera with no overlay in the live view, 12h overlay in the small screen in camera settings and 24h overlay in exports :roll:

I have all overlays off in the cameras, just like I had in BI4. But when trying to edit the overlays in BI5 it looks like there are two overlays on top of each other in the overlay editor. I am only able to delete or right-click edit one of them, which is (correctly) the 24h time. However this overlay is not visible in the live view but instead the other, uneditable/-deletable 12h overlay is visible in the live view. When exporting, the 24h overlay is visible and the 12h overlay is hidden. In one of the cameras, there is no overlay in the live view, but there is a 12h overlay in the small window in camera settings and also a 24h overlay in the video exports, the overlay editor for this camera still has the two overlays visible with only the 24h overlay editable.

Attaching two images describing the issue.

I would appreciate any comments on this as I am not catching on the logic and have found no way to edit the 12h overlay which appears on the live view for some of the cameras.

- jani
Attachments
Example of a camera which has 12h overlay in the small screen in the camera settings, no overlay in live view and 24h overlay in the exports.
Example of a camera which has 12h overlay in the small screen in the camera settings, no overlay in live view and 24h overlay in the exports.
camera_overlays.jpg (136.71 KiB) Viewed 9968 times
Overlay editor with the two overlays (12h and 24h) on top of each other, only one is editable, however (24h).
Overlay editor with the two overlays (12h and 24h) on top of each other, only one is editable, however (24h).
overlay editor.jpg (108.08 KiB) Viewed 9968 times
spammenotinoz

Re: 24h time / overlay issue in BI5

Post by spammenotinoz »

Wow, never seen this before. Have you tried deleting and re-creating the camera?
Overlays increase CPU usage, best to use the CAM's they can do overlays ect.. better. This includes rotating\mirroring video feeds. And avoid BI or any NVR having to post edit.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I haven't used BI timestamps so I have a question about something that was hinted at in this post...

Is BI timestamps metadata that is stored about the video feed rather than being stored as image pixels?

Sounds like the user is saying that you can still use D2D and BI Timestamps and that further you can tweak the time format when exporting after the fact.

That would be awesome if the BI timestamp could be used along with D2D. Then I could turn off the camera timestamp, still use D2D, get the timestamp when I wanted in BI and exclude it when I wanted in BI.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terk

Post by terk »

The 12hr time overlay displayed on your grill small settings window is from the camera rather than BI but your BI resolution for that camera is off so the 12hr time isn't showing in the main window, you can see where the leg of that chair meets the floor in the small window but in the main window you barely see the leg start so I'd look at the video tab for that camera to see why the resolution is off.
Fazed

Post by Fazed »

Back on this after a work trip abroad.

terk, a good spot there, but it was my mistake, while trying to solve the issue I had accidentally zoomed in the camera in the viewer, so it was not showing the lower area with the datetime visible.

But I do not think the 12hr time is from the camera itself, since this is what I am seeing:

Camera liveview from Blue Iris shows 12hr timestamp
The alert jpeg in the Blue Iris main windows shows 12hr timestamp
The alert clip itself, when played by double-clicking from the alert listing shows NO timestamp at all
The alert, when exported from BI, shows 24hr timestamp

It would seem to me the timestamp cannot be from the camera as I would expect that to show up in all the clips in that case, but now the 12hr alternates with 24hr or no timestamp depending on what I am doing. I wonder if this is a bug related to the overlays. What makes it confusing is that in the overlay editor the 12hr timestamp is untouchable (but in the same exact font and size as the 24hr timestamp, which I can edit but which is not visible in the live view) which would indicate it is from the camera, but then it is missing from the D2D recording (the alert clip) when being viewed from BI interface, which would indicate it not coming from the camera. Also, the camera settings for overlays are all off - if I turn them on I can certainly see the camera overlay being added - everywhere (live view, alert jpeg, alert clip and export).