Suddenly Timeline replay fails, no video + error message

General discussion about Blue Iris
hiklestrand

Suddenly Timeline replay fails, no video + error message

Post by hiklestrand »

'The video stream was lost.
Attempting to reconnect...'

As far as I know, beside Windows 10 updates, no other variables have changed since it last worked well.
Is there a trouble shooting path you could point me at to work out what I need to do to get back on track?
Attachments
BIvideofail.jpg
BIvideofail.jpg (39.21 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
IAmATeaf

Re: Suddenly Timeline replay fails, no video + error message

Post by IAmATeaf »

Has your BI updated to the latest release by any chance, if it has try going back to the latest stable release.
Elprebse

Post by Elprebse »

hiklestrand wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:04 pm 'The video stream was lost.

As far as I know, beside Windows 10 updates, no other variables have changed since it last worked well.
Is there a trouble shooting path you could point me at to work out what I need to do to get back on track?
I am experiencing the same after upgrading this morning. Seems like 5.8.2.0 is buggy and needs to be pulled.
tzeench

Post by tzeench »

Elprebse wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:49 pm
hiklestrand wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:04 pm 'The video stream was lost.

I am experiencing the same after upgrading this morning. Seems like 5.8.2.0 is buggy and needs to be pulled.
Agreed...
My cameras were all out of wack when this update was pushed... But I see release 5.8.2.1 just became available, and after updating to that (and rebooting) everything seems to back to normal. At least for me.
TimG

Post by TimG »

That's good news. I suggest turning off auto updates of any type and doing manual updates when you have the time to fix it. With BI5, also ensure you save the installation files (a simple tick on the update page).
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
hiklestrand

Post by hiklestrand »

Ah good. I just got 5.8.2.2 and installed it, back to operation.

I am glad the BI team iterate so quickly. Thank you also for your suggestions.

!solved
Elprebse

Post by Elprebse »

TimG wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:54 pm That's good news. I suggest turning off auto updates of any type and doing manual updates when you have the time to fix it. With BI5, also ensure you save the installation files (a simple tick on the update page).
Agree Tim, but I am happy to be an early upgrader, as long as we can roll back. BI for my private use only, so happy to discover/report errors and bugs.