Crashing None stop since adding sub streams.

TechChime

Crashing None stop since adding sub streams.

Post by TechChime »

So I was looking for fun ways to improve the CPU Usage as I was using the AI and it hits the CPU Hard when it goes through the triggers. I found out instead of just trying use CPU Encoder (QuickSync) you can use this sub stream if camera's, etc support it and well I did and reduced usage like crazy.

But this where things went crazy. It kept crashing everytime I added a new sub stream, and then when I use my timeline it crash, and ugh went really messy. So in the end i removed all that and it still does it.

Is there like a cache system or something that breaks that should be cleared out when messing with sub streams, etc?

There a crash log I can search and share?
IAmATeaf

Re: Crashing None stop since adding sub streams.

Post by IAmATeaf »

Have you undone all the changes you made?

I’ll be honest I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post where adding substreams causes BI to crash so a new one to me.
TechChime

Post by TechChime »

Strange there was an update today 21 I think and it seems to have fixed my issue lol. Really strange. I can also scroll timeline again where was crashing none stop. I was able to enable the sub's also even though it crashed while adding them in, they seem to work now.
tzeench

Post by tzeench »

Yeah, release 5.8.2.0 seemed to of caused problems for a lot of people. Myself included. All my cameras were flakey as F. After updating BI to 5.8.2.1, everything seems to be working again. Must of just been a bad release.
btb604

Post by btb604 »

I had no issues with 5.8.2.0, but todays update to 5.8.2.1 crashes Blue Iris when trying to review a clip. I rolled back to the latest stable 5.8.1.5