Potential New User

For anything else on your mind
nickjohn35

Potential New User

Post by nickjohn35 »

Looking into BI and would like to get a little more info on the iOS app. I’ve heard it’s not the best which is fine. But I was wondering a few things… does it have rich notifications? Does it have badge icon showing how many notifications you have? And is there an “events” section that shows all the events from all cameras in chronological order?
TimG

Re: Potential New User

Post by TimG »

I'm an android user, but hopefully an IOS user can answer this for you.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

What does the best you've experienced offer?

Frankly, to me, notifications are overvalued. Your chance of catching a criminal in the act and summoning law enforcement to catch the criminal are slim to none. I actually have hundreds of BI notifications unacknowledged. Every motion alert.

But you might feel differently and this might be a differentiator with another system.

I turned mine off and only use the app to check my camera feeds when a use case arises.

Sorry, can't really help much.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Blue Iris itself provides a rather feature rich and super flexible notification capability that is more than adequate for most users.

I personally use the MMS messaging for my driveway alerts. Easy to set up. Fast and reliable (at least for my use with Verizon). Very customizable on your own terms. No remote connection security issues. Is included with the purchase price of the software. No iOS or Android considerations involved; just your data carrier reliability and efficiency which the app would also rely on.
nickjohn35

Post by nickjohn35 »

HeneryH wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:29 pm What does the best you've experienced offer?

Frankly, to me, notifications are overvalued. Your chance of catching a criminal in the act and summoning law enforcement to catch the criminal are slim to none. I actually have hundreds of BI notifications unacknowledged. Every motion alert.

But you might feel differently and this might be a differentiator with another system.

I turned mine off and only use the app to check my camera feeds when a use case arises.

Sorry, can't really help much.
All I ever used and known has been Arlo. For my wife and I, the notifications aren’t to catch a potential criminal in the act. More like a heads up for my wife of someone or something around our house when I’m at work for 24 hours at a time. We also have a pool that is monitored. So the notifications help with that. I know they’re not everyone’s cup of tea.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I think you will be happy with the alerting features. Personally I like the SMS with image attachment.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I'll receive this image alert of me coming in the driveway (while still on Verizon) before reaching the garage. It's based on a simple trigger of 12 pixels toward the end of the drive. Zero nuisance triggers. The alert is nearly instant when leaving and I'm still on my WLAN. Basically a SMS text, but technically a MMS due to image size and quality. To me the app itself would be a nuisance.

HC_1_Cl.20231211_122554_110950756.jpg
HC_1_Cl.20231211_122554_110950756.jpg (236.06 KiB) Viewed 5098 times

Drive Trigger.jpg
Drive Trigger.jpg (237.45 KiB) Viewed 5098 times