On Alert Sound Actions - only works if BI client isn't running

BigAl123

On Alert Sound Actions - only works if BI client isn't running

Post by BigAl123 »

Original post was submitted in General topic. Newbie error.

BI Version 5.8.0.14
Windows 10 22H2
CodeProjectAI 2.3.4-Beta

I've set up alerts to trigger sms based on motion. This works perfectly.
Added an additional alert which should play sound file if the required AI object is set to person

The required AI object is set to "person:50".

This only plays a sound if the BI Windows client isn't active. Not running, not minimized etc.
The sound comes through the speakers if I use the Web Client but not with BlueIrisAdmin.exe.
I also hear sound from the camera microphone on the BI client if I activate the sound feature.

I'm not sure if this is by design or not. I would think the Alert sound would get through to the default audio device?

Can anyone confirm if they have on alert action configured and being able to hear the launched audio file if BI client is running?

Alain
mikeb

Re: On Alert Sound Actions - only works if BI client isn't running

Post by mikeb »

This is how it works for me too. I run BI on a headless windows 10 pc that is used for nothing else and use the UI2 on another pc to monitor the cameras. The performance is good so I only open the BI UI to check for updates. It's weird but it works.
BigAl123

Re: On Alert Sound Actions - only works if BI client isn't running and required AI objects configured

Post by BigAl123 »

I've been working with support on this.

To summarize - it may have something to do with how the AI alerts are configured and if "very specifically" the alert action is configured to play a sound file.

On my system the issue is that if a "required AI object" is configured in the Alerts tab,
then, if a trigger event occurs, the "sound" action won't play the configured sound file if...

a) BI is configured to run as a service
and
b) the local BI console app is running ( full screen or minimized)

The sound alert actions work if I close the main console and leave the server running in the background.
The sounds play on the selected audio device where the BI service is running. The opposite of what's expected.

Remove the condition under "required AI object" and all trigger events play the sound file correctly but you can't have a different sound play per detected object type.

One workaround is to not have Blue Iris configured to run as a service and letting the console app run all the time or
another workaround use a different alert action to notify me of the different detected objects.

For now it's in the hands of the developers.
Sardon

Re: On Alert Sound Actions - only works if BI client isn't running

Post by Sardon »

Has this issue been fully resolved ?