Is there anybody on here interested in setting up my blue iris for $$$?

General discussion about Blue Iris
Earp69

Is there anybody on here interested in setting up my blue iris for $$$?

Post by Earp69 »

Long story short, I have 4 amcrest POE setup with my blue iris. I've fucked with so many settings, set up motion camera step by step following YouTube tutorials etc. I have it setup to record on motion and it's so intermittent it drives me insane.24/7 recording isn't an option an it kills my computer even though it's 32gb of ram. Basically it will catch a gnat on a flies ass but doesn't catch the FedEx truck coming down the driveway. It catches every trivial thing I could care less about, but never catches the important stuff that's plenty big enough to set a trigger. It triggers every single time I leave and come home, but only catches 1 out of 10 times the delivery guy comes. If somebody wants to make some cash and set this up over team viewer I'd be happy to pay. It should honestly be an easy setup, I live in the country and there's not a lot of action except when people come on my property.
bigbillsd

Re: Is there anybody on here interested in setting up my blue iris for $$$?

Post by bigbillsd »

I am not qualified to really help setup your system. But, that said, as for your continuous recording, which I do for 20+ cameras of which many are 5+ MP I had to switch to "Direct-to-disk" recording, that brought my CPU from 100% to around 30% Its explained in the help file. You go into each cameras settings to set that.

As for setting up alerts, I find I get way to many alerts and am still working on that. Personally if you have changed everything, I don't believe there is a way to go back to original, I would personally document all the camera settings you currently are using, especially how you are connecting to them. Then I would uninstall, reboot and reinstall the software from scratch to get it back to a pristine state. Then I would just work on that one camera you want to alert. If you mess it up you can always delete that camera and set it up again. I too use the continuous recording for all my cameras, and I set mine to 1 hour chunks instead of the 8 hour chunks the are in by default. I have a lot of diskspace, my "storage" folder is a usb attached 8TB QNAP that has been working well for the last two years (needs to on one of the faster USB ports, the ones that have the Blue connector inside.

JFYI. When I first bought Blue Iris and after all sorts of changes that made things worse (4 years ago) I did the uninstall and reinstall to get it back to its pristine state.

-Bill
S&B:BI 5.8.0.16 W11pro-23H2,16 Reolink RLC-410 5MP, 4 E1PRO 4MP, 1 RLC-823A-16X,DELL T-40,E-2224G CPU,24 GB,3 @ WD Blue 6TB HD.
RV:BI 5.8.0.16,W11pro-23H2,4 Wyzecam v2 RTSP,NUC I-5-8259U CPU,16 GB RAM
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Earp69,

If nobody takes your $$$ we can start working through your problems one by one. That is what we are here for :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

The first thing to check and change is if motion detection is set to Edge and if it is change it to Simple.

When I last tested Edge which was quite a while ago now it missed event exactly as the OP describes.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

25 days and no response from the OP. :roll:
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Seems to happen a lot around here.

Tough crowd to please.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I wonder why the footfall for this site is so small? People seem to come ask a question and then disappear!
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think it used to be because the 'reply' email didn't work, so first time posters would think there had been no response. Since the great forum purge of 2023, that seems to be working - for me at least.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

You must be special, it briefly worked for me but hasn’t for quite some time now.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

'Reply' has always worked for me..., to the likely dismay of a few around here. LOL

As for the "no reply from the OP in 25 days", HE didn't receive a reply in 25 days -- and he was already pissed when he posted. He'd be an idiot to still be sitting around waiting for a response.

The biggest problem here is the lack of response in general, and from a limited knowledge base among only a few actively willing participants.

But 'It's in the help file" and "You may want to open a support ticket" aren't what folks are looking for when they show up here. That's usually WHY they're here after waiting weeks with no response from 'support'..., or Google sent em because the 'latest stable release' is yet another total disaster receiving a lot of thread chatter and they all want to bitch together on 'the official blue iris forum'.

This forum is a friendly place with a generally positive vibe, but it needs additional participation from more people with varying degrees of BI experience who are simply willing to get involved on an active basis.