some cameras not working

mikerino

some cameras not working

Post by mikerino »

I have a strange situation, I have 10 cameras, suddenly 4 don't work. They say no signal. I can get to all of them with a browser. I can inspect them and they are found and identified. Any idea what could be wrong?
TimG

Re: some cameras not working

Post by TimG »

Do they have static IP addresses ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

What else do they have in common besides 'no signal'?

If they all happen to be behind a wi-fi AP or bridge and there has been a power outage, Blue Iris can't see the MAC addresses associated with the individual cameras to re-associate the proper IP addresses and can ocassionally assign the address of the preceding device (AP or bridge) in the BI configuration instead. Double check what Blue Iris shows for the camera IP addresses.
mikerino

Post by mikerino »

Thank you for the replies. Yes they have static IP addresses, the network is flat, just one subnet. If i go to settings / video / click on the IP I get to the camera. And update, this morning they are all working. Yesterday I forced an update of BI, rebooted the PC a couple of times. Mystery not solved but I am back up and running.
mikerino

Post by mikerino »

I do have one camera in the broken condition still. Can you elaborate on the MAC address comment? If the PC with running BI server (and client) can ping the camera it must have a valid arp entry to the MAC address. The camera in question did boot.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

You may just have a config mismatch between the camera's config and what's in BI.

Double check the RTSP stream paths in BI to make sure there's nothing weird going on -- like a missing or mis-matched config parameter, particularly the encoding. If you're using a 'Smart Codec' feature in the camera software, by all means disable it. Same for any '+' suffix nonesense on the compression, just plain h264 of h265. If you're having issues in h265, switch to h264. It may be that simple.

Money is on a confiuguration vs. network issue at this point.
mikerino

Post by mikerino »

Changing from h.265 to h.264 made it come back to life. Thank you. Thats my camera that lets me see the wildlife in the yard. Last year it caught a beaver stealing my raspberry bushes.