Can’t post so quick

For anything else on your mind
IAmATeaf

Can’t post so quick

Post by IAmATeaf »

I still have this issue where I can’t reply to threads in quick succession. Mega annoying and on some occasions I’ve simply cancelled the reply and not bothered.

I have asked about this before, I understand that it’s there to stop spammers but surely once you get past a certain post count it would/should be safe to assume the person isn’t a spammer or a bot.

I think for me the issue is that I use Tapatalk so if somebody could please take a look it would be mucho appreciated.
TimG

Re: Can’t post so quick

Post by TimG »

Hiya, I remember we came to that conclusion. You will need to send a message to Support, as even though I have thousands of new Moderator buttons to push, I know nothing about Tapatalk and don't want to break anything :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Still have this issue and it’s not only mega annoying but is the reason why I only make a single post most days.

How do I email support and is it likely to be that Venessa person who previously thought that my account didn’t even exist?

The problem is as I said before associated with Tapatalk as using a browser I don’t have this issue.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Having never used Tapatalk with my mobile phone, is it so good that you prefer it above normal browser use ? I do keep getting a pop up telling me to install it when I visit here with my phone, but I resist :lol:

Looking around the web I found many posts from other forums removing Tapatalk access due to many issues, and looking in the Play Store (Android) I noted that it contains Ads. I detest ads to the point where I either pay the extra charge to remove them (Youtube,Prime Video etc) or resort to devices like my PiHole to remove them from everything on my LAN.

But it's a free world. I can ask Support for you as a general question. Hmm, I can feel a poll coming up to see how many people use TapaTalk :idea:
Forum Moderator.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I think these forums also need a like/thank button
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

It should not be rocket science to have the reply rate limited be linked to how long you have been a member.

I too have bailed out on replying to people because of rate limiting.
TimG

Post by TimG »

HeneryH: Are you using Tapatalk ? There shouldn't be any limits on normal browser posting.
Forum Moderator.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

TimG wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:06 pm There shouldn't be any limits on normal browser posting.
There are.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Tell me more. I have no timed delay. I use a Windows pc with Chrome browser.
When IAmATeaf first had this issue, Gennarose took off every posting restriction she could find but it didn't help IAmATeaf. Then we found IAmATeaf was using Tapatalk.
I did a test last time making multiple test posts then deleting them. If one of you has time, try that in this thread. I'll clean up later.
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Test1
Forum Moderator.