Reolink and Sirens All at once

Bestbloke

Reolink and Sirens All at once

Post by Bestbloke »

Hi Guys,

I'm going to fit some reolink duo 2's to a school building, is there anyway to use blue iris to set all the sirens off at once for a lockdown alarm?

Best
TimG

Re: Reolink and Sirens All at once

Post by TimG »

What would be the trigger for a lockdown ? BI5 can switch a usb relay board when triggered, but what are you looking for ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Ah, a built in siren for each camera. I think that would require an external command. If you can find what that is, then it could be possible, although I would be looking at MQTT commands from home automation. Have a look if the Home Assistant crew have already found a way to do it. Experimentation :!:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Bestbloke

Post by Bestbloke »

Hi Tim, so if a receptionist of a school gets a lockdown or a pressure situation they can just press a button on Blue iris and trigger the sirens of all the cameras so everyone knows to come inside or out/depending.
patrickm

Post by patrickm »

I've had some delay issues using BI to control at least the PTZ on my Reolink cameras (I'm sure its a setup issue on my part or a Reolink issue). I've found the Reolink integration in Home Assistant works very well to control Reolink cameras. I have one that rotates a PTZ camera when a contact sensor from a gate in my fence opens and it works instantly. Also have one to disable all the push notifications when landscapers come by and it seems to work instantly across all 14 cameras.