Reolink E1 Pro connected

bigbillsd

Reolink E1 Pro connected

Post by bigbillsd »

Picked up one of these after seeing an Amazon Question answered by Reolink that it supported RTSP, and then not seeing the ports open I started searching the Reolink site and it really looked like the E1 didn't support RTSP according to a few lists.

I checked the phone and and found nothing but then a couple days later I found a link saying that the Windows App could turn on RTSP/ONVIF. I installed it and and found the Port setup for the E1 Pro. Now BI is recording well. I have not see any disconnects in the last few hours of operation. -Bill
S&B:BI 5.8.0.16 W11pro-23H2,16 Reolink RLC-410 5MP, 4 E1PRO 4MP, 1 RLC-823A-16X,DELL T-40,E-2224G CPU,24 GB,3 @ WD Blue 6TB HD.
RV:BI 5.8.0.16,W11pro-23H2,4 Wyzecam v2 RTSP,NUC I-5-8259U CPU,16 GB RAM
bigbillsd

Re: Reolink E1 Pro connected

Post by bigbillsd »

A week and a half later Update. This camera is working well with BI and via the windows and phone apps. I bought a couple more and will probably replace all my Wyze cams with them as RSTP is supported by the factory. The only think I don't like about them is they do not support WPA3. It isn't as if it hasn't been around for 5 years now.. WTF.

PS. Been buying them one at a time as Amazon will let you clip a $5 on one item in the cart. (yes, i guess I am cheap..)

Now to find a better camera for my homes Gable ends. Would be nice for the one over the garage to be able to read license plates. My current RLC-410-5MP just don't have good enough optics to read a license plate 25' away. Which seems pretty piss poor.

-Bill
S&B:BI 5.8.0.16 W11pro-23H2,16 Reolink RLC-410 5MP, 4 E1PRO 4MP, 1 RLC-823A-16X,DELL T-40,E-2224G CPU,24 GB,3 @ WD Blue 6TB HD.
bigbillsd

Post by bigbillsd »

UPDATE-2 I picked up a Reolink RLC-823A PTZ 8MP with 16X zoom (careful as the 5x zoom has the same model number) I have not installed it on the garage gable yet, its really large. I have it hanging from a drawer on a desk in my office making sure its working for a week or so. (the gable is very high up and don't want to go up there twice)

I had to up my recording size on my new cameras as they are 8MP and would write more than my 1 hour limit of 4GB, I made the limit 8GB for those cameras as they write about 6GB per hours.

-Bill
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I'm curious about the E1 Pro myself. One near me on FB Marketplace for 20 bucks. It's a v.2 for what that may be worth. I've not found any specifics on versions anywhere, not that I've spent much time looking. May take a chance on it for the price just to mess with.

On the 410, I just recently sold two and hated to. The daytime image was excellent, but the night time performance was unusable as is pretty well known with those. But for LPR during the day the range was definitely greater than 25 feet and 5MP holds up fairly well for some additional digital zoom -- to a point, of course. You sure you're actually at 5MP with that thing in it's own configuration and you're matching it in BI? A mismatch or being fooled by the sub stream is all I can think of that would hose up the clarity of daytime images/video. Nightime? POS. The RLC510s are supposedly a tremendous improvement though I have no personal experience with one.

On the other hand, RLC811s are going pretty cheap on Amazon these days and the optical zoom and auto focus will get you right up a tailpipe at 25 feet. I have one and love it since the last firmware update. Had it for sale on FB for 6 months at 50 bucks and only got a dozen or so views. Then I saw a thread about a new firmware miracle for the video lag problem and gave it a spin around the block. Fixed what was a major problem from the day I got the camera and it is exceptional in all aspects now. Glad it didn't sell.