CodeProject.AI worked briefly now does nothing

General discussion about Blue Iris
MikeBwca

Re: CodeProject.AI worked briefly now does nothing

Post by MikeBwca »

On all my cameras, I turn off sub stream. I uncheck 'Record dual-stream if available' to be safe.' BI will use the main stream. I use 'high definition' in Motion to increate motion resolution by 4x.

Another option that I've found increases CP.AI confidence slightly, is to use the 'Large' or largest model size.

CP.AI has resolved 99.9% of my false triggers. Motion is still triggered, but AI
Pogo

Re: CodeProject.AI worked briefly now does nothing

Post by Pogo »

Lastly, just the basic zone and filter setup I use on the master camera to generally record the stuff the clone camera just triggers snapshots of for the MMS alerts. Butt simple and stupid effective for scrubbing through a day's worth of stuff very quickly.

I see the term 'masking' occasionally and am aware of the feature, but don't use it in the manner I see it discussed -- like to black out areas that would otherwise infiltrate a zone with unwanted activity and create false triggers, etc. Matter of fact, I don't use it at all..., especially for that.

My approach is to simply invert Zone A and cover anything and everything I don't want infiltrating the actual trigger Zone A. Then invert it back to normal and you have your filtered area and active area established by the same basic task. Simply re-invert to fine tune for headlights and glare, vegetation blowing in the wind, whatever can be effectively filtered from causing a nuisance trigger. A very general setup for a camera that would typically be recording 24/7 anyway, but just another easy way to get things done without overthinking it.

This kills all the foliage and headlight stuff.
Inverted Zone.jpg
Inverted Zone.jpg (118.45 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
Inverted it becomes ZoneA for motion detection.
ZoneA.jpg
ZoneA.jpg (116.52 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
Nothing earth-shattering here, folks. Just simple approaches to basic issues that offer effective solutions without needing any AI as long as you already have some of your own. And when the time comes to jump onto the AI bandwagon, having all this simple stuff under your belt certainly won't hurt. I'm just not ready for it yet myself. Don't have the need or the desire to even dabble in it.

And I originally poo-poo'd the cloned camera method too, but it has grown on me. A very solid and repeatable method for extending triggering and alerting functions in any number of ways. If you haven't tried it, you really should. It still works even after an upgrade!