Enable/Disable Cameras on Profile change

pbrise

Enable/Disable Cameras on Profile change

Post by pbrise »

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to Enable specific cameras when switching to a particular profile, then of course turn off that specific camera when switching to another profile?

I would also be interested to switch between Not Hidden when enabling that specific camera as well, then of course Hidden when disabling this camera in the other profile.

Is this at all possbile to do?
TimG

Re: Enable/Disable Cameras on Profile change

Post by TimG »

I'm sure the camera on and off with a profile change should work, but I"ve not used it. Give it a go. Any deeper will need a Support query.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

Why not create and use different "Groups"?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Or maybe both?

But pretty sure profiles and scheduling would be required if these setups are intended to be automated switchovers. Or maybe even achieve the desired results on a camera by camera basis using their own scheduling capabilities.
BRUTEF0RCE

Post by BRUTEF0RCE »

Hi there, I was wondering if you succeeded on >ENABLING< cameras on profile change? It seems that I can do it no problem for disabling cameras, but no success at enabling any of my cameras. Do you guys have the same issue on your side? I tried different ways, through the schedule | Events schedule... of cameras, through the PTZ/Control|Edit Presets...|On call...|Add|Do command of a camera, with toggle camera instead of enable camera... No success. Am I alone with this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Depending on what exactly you're attempting to do, this works as a simple on/off function without needing to set up an additional profile.

On at 7:00am / Off at 9:00pm

Profile '0' is essentially used as an "off" condition but doesn't require being setup as such. It's basically just nothing relative to Profile 1 in this case and offers no functionality except 'Off' during the allocated time segment. It works perfectly as an 'on/off' switch, though I obviously have it set to still allow the camera to be visible in the example below.

There is also an 'Enable Camera' selection in the Events Schedule menu with all the other items that my or may not apply to your effort. Oddly, no corresponding 'Disable Camera' ....., at least in my version.

DrivewaySchedule.jpg
DrivewaySchedule.jpg (106.27 KiB) Viewed 957 times