After update in Bi and Code Project AI recording has ended

General discussion about Blue Iris
Revo2Maxx

After update in Bi and Code Project AI recording has ended

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So very new to Bi, I have not done all the update that come along, however today I did the latest update and noticed that Code Project AI was setup for an update so I updated that as well.. Then yes before I am told it isn't working because I didn't re-enable all the AI parts I did seeing I noticed that before install it had removed them, so I knew I had to re enable them. However after the update and enabling all events area being removed. So I thought well lets take a look at the Trigger area where in the past CP-AI had an area where you could setup the Camera the way you want it to work with CP-AI.. However in Bi that is no longer there under Trigger and only way to find anything about CP-AI is in the main area of Bi or under Alerts. This area does look like what used to be under Trigger however even disabling that AI port, restarting the computer and re enabling the CP-AI in Alerts it still isn't working like it was moved an d Trigger part of the program is damaged with in the Trigger. Also notice that if I try to in play back then Testing, Analize with AI no longer works and kind of makes the screen freeze for a short time then when turning it back to normal it again stalls a short time almost like the Bi is going to crash. I thought it might be my GPU so I removed using GPU, Reboot the computer and all things tried has failed. I am using a couple year old computer with a i7-10700 16gb ram and a 6gb RTX2070 Super GPU.
IAmATeaf

Re: After update in Bi and Code Project AI recording has ended

Post by IAmATeaf »

The latest set of updates re-jigged various option and moved them around to make them more logical. So check the Video, Trigger and Alert tabs and you should hopefully find what you are looking for.
louyo

Re: After update in Bi and Code Project AI recording has ended

Post by louyo »

Your computer should be fine.
I would probably go back to basics and test BI and AI separately. Check log files for any relevant info (make sure logging is set to file)
Turn off AI in BlueIris and make sure it records and triggers like you want it to. Then turn it back on.
Go to localhost:32168 (IP address if AI is on another computer), make sure the engine is running via viewing the logs. If you are doing gpu, make sure that is running. Test in the dashboard with some of the included jpeg files. Maybe run the benchmark test.

I run AI in a separate computer and find that rebooting both systems after any AI changes is necessary.
Hang in there.
I am now running the new Alpha test of AI in a docker image and it is doing very well. I am a couple of BI updates back, I think 5.0.0. Will probably update the lab system today and check it out.

Edit: should have said 5.8.... Now running 5.8.0.5 OK.