Upgraded to 5.8 today, for testing

louyo

Upgraded to 5.8 today, for testing

Post by louyo »

Updated my test system to today's version.
So far, so good. He moved the AI button from the trigger tab to the alerts tab.
For some reason, some successful alerts appear in the log file but not in log status window. Maybe it always did that, not sure I ever checked.

Still looking.
TimG

Re: Upgraded to 5.8 today, for testing

Post by TimG »

I had installed it late last night and found the same thing. Since it appeared to break a few things I reverted it to the previous version until I have time to do regression testing.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
louyo

Post by louyo »

Understood. Still testing, I did have to reboot to get AI to work, said nothing found before reboot. I have had to do that on other updates.
Oops, seems something is wrong with logging. Nothing entered in the log file today and the status did not show 3 events that are recorded. Will send note to BI. Will stay on 5.8 on the test system, won't install yet on production system.
On production system:
I am thinking about upgrading the system to W11 one of these days. Have you done that?
I installed an NVME M.2 drive and moved New and Alerts to it to get them off the system drive but maintain fast storage for alert recording. New is set for 150GB.
louyo

Post by louyo »

OK, as Pogo said.
Got an immediate reply from support, telling me that nothing in that area had been changed. I went back to basics and the option/check box for log to file was off. As a typical user, I am tempted to say: "I did nothing". I will assume that it was a "butt click", I would never turn if off intentionally.

User: technical term used by developers, see idiot. ;)
TimG

Post by TimG »

The normal Log isn't much use for checking, as it amalgamates and makes a mess. You need the text Log for technical use. It only creates one file a month, so it won't spam you.

Win11 from Win10. Oh yes. And I still have the scars to prove it. My BI5 pc would stop halfway through the Win10 to Win11 process. I eventually found it to be an old driver for a NIC. That was the pc that crashed regularly until I fixed the multiple faults including RAM and the Psu.

The old Ryzen 1800X pc's needed a newer BIOS, and the firmware TPM enabling in the BIOS, followed by a cpu transplant to 5700G. Easy job.

All pc's are rock solid now.

FWIW: I think I still have the info from the www on how to figure out WHICH driver is causing the failure.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.