Problem with MQTT Action

General discussion about Blue Iris
Neo

Problem with MQTT Action

Post by Neo »

Hello everyone,

I'm currently on BlueIris 5.8.1.5 and I'm having an issue with my MQTT trigger. It's not new from this version but I hoped that maybe it would be fixed in time.

What happen is I have triggers that publish mqtt data when a motion is detected on various camera and also send camera action from other home automation to blueiris (like start away, home or other camera mode). This cause the app to publish on /BlueIris/app where it says the status of the app (running, closing, etc).

This work well but out of nowhere, the value change for "unexpected stop". When this happen, the app stop publishing stuff to mqtt or even receive command BUT the blueiris software is still working (I can connect to the web gui and see camera recording and such no problem). So it seems something about the mqtt portion of the app crash and I need to manually go start blueiris in the server for it to work. It would be nice to have this fixed.

Thank you
TimG

Re: Problem with MQTT Action

Post by TimG »

Hi, unfortunately this is a peer to peer forum, so you will need to send that info to Support. Can you do that and let us know what they say ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Neo

Post by Neo »

sure no problem. I though it was the support forum.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

It's supposed to be. Some days it is, some days it's just a referral to the help file or admin instruction to open an email support ticket with the development team.

With any luck someone will come along with a similar experience and possible course(s) of action to remedy to the problem. Good luck.
TimG

Post by TimG »

We are all learning :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
louyo

Post by louyo »

Some of us forget faster than we learn. :|
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Similar to over-allocating storage space..., or old files being purged to free up needed space for new files -- which may or may not be created depending on processing power and possible (probable?) irreparable database corruption.

Now where were we?

Oh, yeah. Christmas lights!!!

Ho! Ho! Ho! ;)
Neo

Post by Neo »

that thread escaladed quickly