Support very Bad not reply not Help

Pogo

Re: Support very Bad not reply not Help

Post by Pogo »

If you have installed (or tried to install) the software on more than one machine or have changed the hardware / OS on a single machine, you needed to de-register your installation from the old system prior to installing it on a new one -- or to a different machine. This could also happen by too many failed attempts at installing the software on a single machine or uninstalling/re-installing/uninstalling/re-installing repetitively in a manner contrary to the recommended installation procedure.

If it happens to be installed on two machines, de-register both installations and try installing again on the desired machine. Your updated support subscription should be automatically associated with a successful installation once any trace of previous installations is no longer visible to the licensing authentication server(s).

Ensure you are using the correct keys for their respective purposes. If you are unsure, your registration key should be automatically included in the support email generated by the software when using the link provided. No need to actually send a message to obtain the desired registration information. It should be in the Subject line.

At least that's how I understand all of this to work.
TimG

Post by TimG »

ik2duw,

0. Ham radio ?
1. You do not need to buy BI5 again. You have a valid license since you have a Support plan until 2024.
2. If your BI5 is a few years old, your Support plan runs out after 12 months, but you can still use an old version of BI5. You have purchased a Support plan, so you can use new versions of BI5.
3. The problem appears to be that your license is locked due to using it too many times. Support can reset this. Ask them to reset it.
4. Does anybody here speak Italian ?
5. I expect you will have to enter your license, then your maintenance key to get BI5 working. But you need that reset first.
6. I will email Support to try and get this sorted out. Don't get stress.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

His license is valid for life with or without a support plan.
TimG

Post by TimG »

We have a language issue here. I know he has a license for life. I know also that he has a valid Support plan.

I have sent an email to Support to see if we can get this sorted out. It should not be a big problem.
Forum Moderator.
ik2duw

Post by ik2duw »

My disappointment continues with the support, which doesn't respond, perhaps they don't like it without knowing me, yet I renewed the license 10 days before the license expired, now I've been waiting for days and Jennifer or whoever from the support not responding can be like a refusal at least it can tell me what to do but nothing. Thank you Jennifer and thank you BI for your NOT support. But maybe they don't even read these posts, they are the Bosses :cry: :evil:
ik2duw

Post by ik2duw »

TimG

Post by TimG » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:14 pm
We have a language issue here. I know he has a license for life. I know also that he has a valid Support plan.

I have sent an email to Support to see if we can get this sorted out. It should not be a big problem.

although not to be big deal i got no help from support, very strange and disappointing
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Ok as far as I understand the BI team do not visit these forums so it’s just a bunch of users here who help each other out.

In terms of BI, they are a very small/tiny team so support replies can sometimes take a few days. I’ve only ever emailed support a couple of times and did receive a reply albeit 3-5 days later.

Again from what I’ve read, they tend to be in the ball for license resets so don’t understand why they haven’t resolved your issue.
TimG

Post by TimG »

And I have a response from Ken.
Thanks Tim, I have found and taken care of his email requests for a reset.

Thanks

Ken
ik2duw: You should now be able to add your license/support keys.
Forum Moderator.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

TimG wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:14 pm We have a language issue here.
That was precisely the point.

Props for intervening on behalf of the OP. Hopefully he'll get it right this time around or ask for assistance before ending up in the same situation again.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Wow. What a ride! :?
Kudo's to TimG', for his intervention.

Maybe the OP was sending emails to BI outside the official support email?
TIMG's post that BI Support was able to 'find the emails' would indicate to me that something along this line occurred.

The only official way to request support is via 'Email Support' in BI. This will sent the support info from your BI install to 'support@blueirissoftware.com'. Simply past it in your email of choice, and, use the included email address.

BI Support uses the info provided to queue the support requests. Sending multiple requests before that request has been addressed may re-queue to the bottom. So, sending another request may simply increase the wait.