camera question

General discussion about Blue Iris
jcoldon

camera question

Post by jcoldon »

i looking at BI software i have geovision cameras ip mostly 4 mp i using geo vision software im looking to change mostly due to remote viewing one needs to be computer wiz to make geo vision work remotely
my question any one use geovision cameras on BI and i assume the android app works and set up fairly easy so i can remote view .

Last question what happens when the pc does update does BI come back up with our manual restart that way if one on vacation remote view still work after the update
IAmATeaf

Re: camera question

Post by IAmATeaf »

I would hook up one of your cams to a PC running BI to see if it can find it and is happy with it. You can run BI in evaluation mode while you do this.

For BI you ideally need the fps and iframe rate to be the same so that their ratio is 1.

As far as Windows updates are concerned, I have my BI PC set to disable them, I then check and install them at a date/time that suits me.

For auto-starting the PC, that might depend on the actual PC. Mine is a HP 600 G2 and that allows me to configure it in the BIOS to auto-start on power and to ignore the missing keyboard. BI is also set to run as a service so once the PC boots BI also runs automatically.
Rantech

Re: camera question

Post by Rantech »

When I setup Blue Iris, I install Winaero tweaker which allows me to disable windows updates so I never have to deal with the risk that an update causes issues. You can always re-enable the updates if you want to periodically update windows but at least you don't have the risk that a Windows update catches you unaware.

Running as a service will ensure that BI comes up automatically whenever windows starts.