Cannot start Blue Iris Program

IAmATeaf

Cannot start Blue Iris Program

Post by IAmATeaf »

Looking on the other forum it does look like the BI exe has a Disallowed cert.

I checked all my backup updates and found that BI switched over from using thawte cert to DigiCert from v5.6.2.x so in theory if you can update to that version or later it should fix the issue.

Not too sure how the issue will be fixed for people on older versions unless they update which they can’t do if their support has expired!
trigs

Re: Cannot start Blue Iris Program

Post by trigs »

Problem solved - full functionality - you won't like it

Download latest version of BlueIris
Install
Pay for maintenance updates and support
kentishman

Post by kentishman »

Many thanks, works for me also!
NickD wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:06 am Until the fix you may run BI from Cmd. Tested and working.
Start Command prompt, Run as Administrator and type:
"C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIrisAdmin.exe"

You can also make a batch file using a text editor. Write the above line of code(with quotation marks), name the file something like "BlueIris.bat" and right click, choose run as administrator.
After BI starts you may close Cmd window
kentishman

Post by kentishman »

trigs wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:22 pm Problem solved - full functionality - you won't like it

Install
Ypu're right, I don't like it!! Is this really the official advice from Blue Iris? :evil:
JDG

Post by JDG »

NickD wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:06 am Until the fix you may run BI from Cmd. Tested and working.
Start Command prompt, Run as Administrator and type:
"C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIrisAdmin.exe"

You can also make a batch file using a text editor. Write the above line of code(with quotation marks), name the file something like "BlueIris.bat" and right click, choose run as administrator.
After BI starts you may close Cmd window
Thank you! Works for me...
Gnomatic

Post by Gnomatic »

Started happening to me this morning.(BI v5, Win 10) Running it from the elevated Command Prompt works (thanks for the tip), but not exactly an elegant solution long term.

I don't feel I should have to pay for the fix.
trigs

Post by trigs »

kentishman wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:43 pm
trigs wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:22 pm Problem solved - full functionality - you won't like it

Install
Ypu're right, I don't like it!! Is this really the official advice from Blue Iris? :evil:
Yes
Skoposane

Post by Skoposane »

There is zero chance I am spending money again on this. I have 15x licenses I am not renewing. If this is how they will play I'll simply take business elsewhere.
Skoposane

Post by Skoposane »

The above mentioned "fix" got it running on 7x of machines. Still have a few that simply do nothing when running the command line.
becoming

Post by becoming »

If you don't mind removing UAC from your computer you can follow solution 5 (I'm on Windows 10). This fixed my issue.

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/an-ad ... ows-10-pc/

I think it's because Perspective Software doesn't digitally sign their EXE and so Microsoft, in an effort to prevent malicious software from infecting PCs, marks it as suspicious and prevents you from opening it.