Topic images do not appear.

guisin

Topic images do not appear.

Post by guisin »

I'm having problems configuring my reolink 810A, but the images in the topic that help with the configuration don't appear here for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

topic link below.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2807
TimG

Re: Topic images do not appear.

Post by TimG »

I think that is due to the great Blue Iris server crash of July 2023. Can you tell Support that they are missing ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

guisin wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:19 pm I'm having problems configuring my reolink 810A...

What particular problems are you having?

I've run an 811A off and on for three years and finally have it working well after discovering a recent beta firmware upgrade that fixed a few things, primarily the incessant lag. Be more than happy to take a stab at giving you a hand if you'd like to provide some details. Have quite a few hours under my belt with the 811.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I can add that changing my Reolink poe doorbell to use RTMP made it work well, although I can't see how to get substreams that way.
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I have sent a query to Support, as it appears that ALL of the "Self help content" images are no longer there :(
Forum Moderator.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

TimG wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:16 am I can add that changing my Reolink poe doorbell to use RTMP made it work well, although I can't see how to get substreams that way.
Out of curiosity, (and a bit off topic), what problems were you experiencing using RTSP?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yet another subject thread lost in the great forum purge of July 2023 :lol:

IFIRC it was glitching and losing the camera in BI5. Other threads stated RTMP worked well for Reolink, and it does. Rock solid now, just no sub streams unless somebody knows how to get them.
Forum Moderator.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Gotcha. I'll leave all the sordid details to the lost thread, but I've never needed to resort to RTMP for the few Reolinks I've had -- which is down to just my quite nicely functioning 811A now (after implementing the recent beta firmware cited in what is likely another lost post).

I'd like to try an 810A myself. I believe the firmware applied to those as well.

And the OP seems to have vanished leaving just you and I to wistfully reminisce about lost threads and our Reolink experiences. LOL
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

TimG wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:10 am Other threads stated RTMP worked well for Reolink, and it does. Rock solid now, just no sub streams unless somebody knows how to get them.
This is what I ended up using for my 811A. As basic as it gets with no special tricks to overcome the dreaded Reolink 'Gotchas" and is also rock solid now with no lagging. I can't vouch for H265 stability due to only having a 4th gen cpu, but the settings below work fine -- noting port 8000 for the Discovery/ONVIF port, and in this particular case for a full resolution 4K camera (not dumbed down to 4MP @15fps LOL), the 12MB Receive buffer. Works great since the firmware upgrade mentioned previously and I'm now glad it didn't sell on Face Book for 50 bucks!
Reo_cfg.jpg
Reo_cfg.jpg (123.42 KiB) Viewed 142441 times
If you haven't run discovery using port 8000 you may be missing several other Reolink config options that offer more main and sub variants (including for the RTMP listings).
Reo_cfg-B.jpg
Reo_cfg-B.jpg (126.22 KiB) Viewed 142441 times
manocormen

Post by manocormen »

Pogo wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:25 am Works great since the firmware upgrade mentioned previously
Hi. Is this firmware publicly available for download, or is it a beta version? I'm considering purchasing two 810As or 811As because of they seem good value, but I'm worried they might be a headache.