recorded clip playback issue

merkelck

recorded clip playback issue

Post by merkelck »

How can I prevent the viewer from jumping to the next clip upon reaching the end of the clip I am interested in?
When I select the clip of interest, It plays as expected but when reaching the end the viewer jumps to the next higher clip
shown in the left clip panel. I would prefer that the viewer would return to the start of the clip on interest.
Using v5.7.8.3 with Win11

Charles
louyo

Re: recorded clip playback issue

Post by louyo »

It seems to me, but I am not positive, that you can set that on the Record page for the camera, "Cut Video when triggered with break time". The downside is that it will always stop at the end of the clip, including alert clips. It is not during play back, done when recorded, so current clips remain as they are.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

When playing back the clip is there not a right-click option to enable/disable playback of the next clip?

Not near my BI machine so can’t check.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Just checked, in the BI options Other tab there is an option for the Biewer labelled End of video: options are Stop, Loop or Next.

Hopefully that should be it.
merkelck

Post by merkelck »

Thank you so much. From the main settings page , click on OTHER and then VIEWER . There are three choices "End of video"

Charles
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Another handy clip viewer feature is the single camera list feature which will populate the list with the camera of interest only. Select the camera in the main frame and then click 'Selected Camera Only' at the top of the clip list between the calender icon and the down arrow. Select a different camera the same way or un-check the selection to return to the normal list of all the clips. The main viewer can be set accordingly for single or successive viewing, etc. Very handy for reviewing a days worth of camera activity fairly quickly once you have a feel for it and an efficient method established.

As someone who is strictly a motion detection / clip recording guy vs. 24 / 7, I also have my Combine or Cut video setting at 15 minutes or 500MB which generally combines several shorter clips into 15 minute shorts for a very convenient way to review a fair amount of time rather quickly without becoming tedious and to also keep recording activity that continues to re-trigger the camera over the course of the time frame. Works better for some some locations than others depending on activity, (obviously) but has become my basic starting setting for most every camera to tweak the subtle stuff for the desired results -- or as close as I can get.
merkelck

Post by merkelck »

Another great idea. I appreciate the tip.
Charles