Help! No Cameras following Switch from OpenReach to Full Fibre

General discussion about Blue Iris
kayfersmum

Help! No Cameras following Switch from OpenReach to Full Fibre

Post by kayfersmum »

Hi

Today we had Trooli install Full Fibre to the door. Everything has gone well and Wi-Fi cameras connect straight away to the new router. The problem is with our IP Cameras attached via Ethernet! We have most of these cameras going through a switch with one cable connecting to our old TP-Link router. When I’ve switched routers in the past it’s simply been a case of taking the Ethernet from one router and plugging it into the new one. Did this today and none of the cameras are connecting to the new router. All the right lights are flashing etc but none of the cameras are physically connecting. I understand if I cannot see them on Blue Iris as maybe their address will change, but they aren’t showing directly on the separate camera Apps either.

Any ideas or advice would be most welcome. At the moment running both routers!

Thanks in advance
Sam
TimG

Re: Help! No Cameras following Switch from OpenReach to Full Fibre

Post by TimG »

Hi Sam,

Did you set static IP addresses in the cameras ? If you did they could be on something like 192.168.0.x and your new router could be on 192.168.1.x

You should be able to see the original camera IP addresses in BI5 settings, and can log in to the new router to find its IP address. If they are different, the answer may be to alter the router to the previous routers IP address.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

Hi

Thanks for responding. Yes, I did set them all as static IP addresses. I’ll take a look and if I can do a work around. Thanks, Sam
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

You most likely will need to switch the TP-Link network to the new router's address space vs. the other way around. Quite a few considerations involved security-wise but that should at least bring the IP cameras back up.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Just make sure you don't end up with two routers with the same static IP address.
The last time it happened to me was when I moved from Sky broadband to Virgin. I checked the settings on the old router for:

1. Actual router IP address.
2. DHCP window (range of IP addresses handed out automatically by the router).
3. Any "address reservation" quasi static IP addresses.

It got a bit more complicated because I didn't use the Virgin modem/router, I put it in modem only, and added an Asus router. It was then a matter of changing the above settings to match, unplugging the old router, and all was well.

If you don't want to do that, you could log into each individual camera and change the static IP, followed by updating it in BI5.

Either way is a headache. Good luck.
Forum Moderator.
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

Thanks everyone, really helpful.

Got it all sorted this morning. Disconnected the old router and changed the new router to have the same settings as the old one and everything seams to be OK. Got everything crossed!
TimG

Post by TimG »

You've nailed it ! Good work 8-)
Forum Moderator.