Posture Detection

hurdurhurdur

Posture Detection

Post by hurdurhurdur »

Is there a way to configure Blue Iris to detect my posture (specifically when I'm slouching) and notify me to sit straight?

I know it seems like an odd use-case, but on the surface the tool already has all the needed functionality. ...and it is a pretty major health benefit for those of us who spend so many hours a day at our desks...

for example, perhaps I could put a sticker of some sort on my headset, and if the sticker drops below a certain height, it sends me an alert?

I'm not looking for a new feature - just a way to configure detection on one specific camera (my desk cam).
TimG

Re: Posture Detection

Post by TimG »

For simplicity I think I'd go for a zigbee vibration/tilt sensor like the Aqara ‎DJT11LM. Why ? Well you would already need BI5 to output something audibly to tell you that you are slouching, and that could be home automation, so why not use a small wireless sensor to communicate directly with your home automation. You could stick it on your headset :idea:

I use one stuck to the front door to determine if somebody is knocking on the door or has opened the letter box. It shows tilt angles in xyz axes and measures vibration. I have it combined with a Reolink poe video doorbell (Sends Onvif messages for doorbell pushed), so I don't miss much.

BI5 could do it with a very local camera pointing at your head and adding zones. Or you could train AI to tell the difference between sitting and slouching (Hardest of the lot). You still need to send that output somewhere though :o
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
hurdurhurdur

Post by hurdurhurdur »

I have a zwave setup now, so I'm searching for a similar tilt product. It's tricky because most only report "vertical vs horizontal" and not the actual angle of tilt.

...but generally, I think you might be right that this is a far more simple and reliable approach than using the camera.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I have z-wave and zigbee devices, and I think the batteries last longer on the zigbee devices. It might be time for a MATTER device.

The Aqara device looks like this in Homeseer:

aqara.png
aqara.png (70.83 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.