Getting Amcrest ASH47-W PTZ into BI

araczek

Getting Amcrest ASH47-W PTZ into BI

Post by araczek »

Just bought a new Amcrest ASH47-W PTZ camera and am attempting to get it working in Blue Iris. I had a heck of a time just getting it into my app on my phone, seems you need to use the SmartHome app. I can get video in the app but not in Blus Iris. Blue Iris complains “No signal”. Does anyone have some tips/tricks before this goes back to Amazon!!

…AR
TimG

Re: Getting Amcrest ASH47-W PTZ into BI

Post by TimG »

Hi, it needs to be Onvif compliant or have an RTSP feed for BI5 to find it. Can you view it in VLC ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
araczek

Post by araczek »

I can see the feed in the app. I would like to know how i set the IP address for wifi and how i tell the camera the feed is wifi only and no Ethernet. There is an IP address on the camera but it doesn’t say its wifi. There is a wifi address you can set but it never keeps a value, always defaults to 0.0.0.0.
TimG

Post by TimG »

It's still not clear if it has a feed that BI5 can use, or if it only works with its own app. That is why I asked if you can see it in VLC. As for the other questions:

1. If you don't plug in ethernet then it should default to wifi.
2. If the IP address appears in your router when the camera is powered up, and disappears with camera power off, it must be the wifi IP.
3. If you can't set a static IP on the camera, you should be able to use address reservation on the router.
Forum Moderator.
araczek

Post by araczek »

Okay , understand. Tried VLC and I don’t get a connection, it pulls an error and tells me to look at the log. I attempted to open a video stream. I enabled logging and set as log file and tried again, but no luck. Log file didn’t even get generated.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, I suggest contacting Amcrest and asking how to make it work in Blue Iris. Please let us know the response.
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Check through the Amcrest camera menu's and ensure that Onvif and/or RTSP are enabled there. Hmm, does it HAVE a web interface ? I'm reading that Amcrest may have reduced the options with this camera.

There is a possible solution here on the Amcrest web site.

Does that help ? If not, where is it failing ? Ah, I just found your posts about this issue on the Amcrest forum :lol:

Oh, and the ASH47-W has previous fails here at the Blue iris forum where it shows images but no ptz which makes it fairly useless.

I think this camera may be a bad idea. My conclusion is that it is a cheap no frills ptz that only works properly with their app.
Forum Moderator.
araczek

Post by araczek »

TimG-

I kind of agree with you on the 'no frills' comment. Seems like a good camera. Just for giggles I bought an Sv3C camera and am
waiting for that to arrive. At least in the product writeup it says it supports RTSP, ONVIF and Blue Iris. Hopefully I have better luck

Thanks for your input.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

My understanding is that after the ASH47's required configuration through the Smart Home platform initially, it can then be added to a NVR for more traditional access, though not with all features being available. There are several threads over on the Amcrest forum about the lack of ASH47 flexibility outside the Smart Home environment.

And ditto on Tim's post above. Duh. Sorry for not paying closer attention.

I am, however, interested in your report on the SV3C.
BertBert

Post by BertBert »

This is my first post on BI - Newbie here.
I noticed that a couple of the ASH47-W PZT posts mentioned that the poster was looking into the SV3C cameras. I have recently bought two versions of the SVC3's and have spent countless hours trying to make them work with BI. One camera I was able to make both the video and Pan and Tilt work (though unfortunately not Zoom.) The most recent camera I can make the video work, but no success with the PZT whatsoever. There is no listing in BI for SV3C, so how does one go about actually getting the ASH47-W and/or the S3VC into BI's table of supported cameras?

As a new BI forum member, my understanding is that if I wish to post my success and failures on SV3C to help other users, I'll need to start a whole new Topic on SV3C, yes?

Thank you for your patience with a new user.