nh905g

No Live Preview When Running In Service Mode

Post by nh905g »

Hardware: HP ProDesk 600 G2 MT, i7-6700 CPU
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
Software: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044
Blue Iris: 5.5.6.5
Cameras: Foscam C2, Amcrest ADC2W, Reolink E1 Zoom, 2 x Reolink E1 Outdoor

I have been running Blue Iris for almost a year from an admin account that I created when I installed Windows 10 Pro (I normally run everything else from a non-admin account). When I switch Blue Iris as a service and launch Blue Iris again to bring up the desktop, the All Cameras live preview area is black. The cameras are there - if I right click around the live preview, I can bring up the settings for the cameras. If I click on the alerts on the left side, they play fine in the preview area. I can access the live preview through the integrated web server as well as the Android app. If I disable running Blue Iris as a service, live preview on the desktop app works fine again.

I normally access the Blue Iris server via VNC, but I do not think that is the problem. I can reproduce the problem with a monitor connected to the server and I have also tried stopping the VNC server. I have found a few hits but none that match my situation - I have only one network card and and am running Windows Defender with all the recommended Blue Iris settings. I vaguely remember a post about hardware acceleration - I switched from Intel+VPP to just Intel, but no improvement.

The problem is easily reproducible. Any suggestions on what else to try?
TimG

Re: No Live Preview When Running In Service Mode

Post by TimG »

I vaguely remember a post about hardware acceleration - I switched from Intel+VPP to just Intel, but no improvement.
Maybe try turning HA temporarily OFF on one camera to see if it helps ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.