Signal Restored

maryruthless

Signal Restored

Post by maryruthless »

hi, is there something wrong with blueiris? I bought it because the free software I used to use weren't optimized enough to decode high bitrate cameras but they never disconnected from my cameras.

With blueiris, my log is full of "Signal Restored". Occasionally I would see a camera not connected in blue iris but the cameras web interface works just fine and other NVR software can stream it too so it's not the camera but something in blue iris causing this.

Here's my question. In the status monitor I see "Signal Restored" but never "Signal Lost"? (I'm trying to see why it's not recording me leaving for work but logs don't show when the camera disconnected)
POHNY

Re: Signal Restored

Post by POHNY »

I've been having similar issued with two D-Link DCS-2630L wireless cameras. I've been researching the problem from the camera side but now am looking at it from the Blue Iris perspective. BI looses connection to the camera's periodically. They will occasionally reconnect in a few minutes but often need a lot of time, a BI restart, a BI PC reboot, camera reboot, or some combination.

What I have found recently is that during BI/Camera disconnects I can still access the camera with a browser from the same BI PC.

Why can Edge, Chrome, or IE get to and display camera content but BI is putting "Signal: refused; check IP address and port" entries in the log? Often at this point a camera reboot will resolve the issue.

Is there any way this is anything other than a BI issue?

I heed help or maybe new/different cameras.
maryruthless

Re: Signal Restored

Post by maryruthless »

Here's my question. In the status monitor I see "Signal Restored" but never "Signal Lost"? (I'm trying to see why it's not recording me leaving for work but logs don't show when the camera disconnected)
in case anyone is wondering, the answer is "log to file", then you can get a true picture of how your cameras are really performing

apparently mine is pretty useless as a security camera. It spends 2-3 mins trying to reconnect, then connects then disconnects in less than 5. This goes on the entire night. No wonder it wasn't recording obvious events. pretty disappointed.