5.5.5.11 DeepStack: timeout

carteriii

Re: 5.5.5.11 DeepStack: timeout

Post by carteriii »

Some google searching turned up at least one thread suggesting it could be the Windows (CPU?) version of DeepStack that is unstable:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueIris/comme ... ck_issues/

This implies the Windows native version is deprecated (in favor of Docker), even though a 2022 build was released, implying that the statement was or is not entirely true:

https://github.com/VorlonCD/bi-aidetection/issues/19
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

On logs... I've spent a lot of time with them and am creating a BI Log File Analyzer (decombobulator) to make logs more useful. That said, know this: it ain't for the faint of heart. I recommend you spend some time in the Self Help section of the forum as there is an article on Status log errors
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
carteriii

Post by carteriii »

THANK YOU! I swear I searched this forum (& others) but I clearly hadn't found that "Gotchas" article right at the top of the DeepStack subforum which mentioned the timeouts, which is exactly what I have been seeing. Silly me for only using search and not doing some top-down browsing!

I also now realize that even after installing the 2022.01.01, I still had the older "server.exe" so BlueIris was in fact running the older version, despite my attempt to use the latest. I've now completely removed the old DeepStack install (including server.exe) and re-installed from scratch the 2022 version (copying deepstack.exe to server.exe) so we'll see what happens next. In only the past few minutes, no timeouts so far.

I do wish there was a way to enable even more detailed logging that included the actual DeepStack API calls to see exactly which were failing with an easy way to re-play those calls. I suspect there might be a more verbose debugging option in DeepStack but I haven't put the time into finding that.

Thank you again, @YrbkMgr!
carteriii

Post by carteriii »

Bummer. I've had another 20s timeout after which BlueIris restarted DeepStack. I'm worried this may truly be DeepStack instability which I found mentioned in other places, and for which the "Gotchas" articles says, "Unfortunately we do not know the root cause."
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

For whatever it's worth, I'm still using DeepStack: Version 2021.02.1. I have no issues worth risking stability so until I do, "if it ain't broke".
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

UPDATED:
I just remembered this:
reverted to 5.5.4.5 and all such errors went away, implying there is a regression of some sort in the integration between 5.5.5.11 and DeepStack.
There have been reports of erratic behavior with every update after 5.5.4.5 and I am not going to update until the next stable release. Unless there's a compelling reason, I advise folks do the same. In your case, I'd roll back to the previous version and prove that it goes away. Then submit a customer support request with the same subject you did here, let them know that it works in 5.5.4.5 but not in 5.5.5.11. Then include a link to your forum topic for background.

That's the best way to make sure it gets passed to engineering.
PSA:
When writing for support, you must include basic software and license details. For your convenience you will find an Email support button on this page. This button will copy important information to the Windows clipboard. In order to make use of this information, you must them open an email to send to support@blueirissoftware.com. Please make the subject descriptive in order to prevent our mail server from combing it with others of the same subject. In the BODY of the message (not the subject), use the Windows PASTE command (control-V) to insert your support information at the beginning of your message.