BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

MikeBwca

Re: BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

Post by MikeBwca »

ic. Maybe a 'link' tab or button, to link to documents?
gordonhart

Post by gordonhart »

Hi

I've been BI now for a week or so, and so far it's great. Well done on a great product.

As far as a wish list goes, it would be great if the MQTT could be expanded upon a little bit so that status information could be sent using that, rather than having to use the JSON interface which is quite difficult to implement on smaller systems MQTT is ideal for monitoring things like server(CPU) load, traffic signal, etc.

Thanks
randrew1996

Post by randrew1996 »

**One other thought, though it probably doesn't apply to many people... through the JSON api, when pulling CAMLIST, be nice to have one of the results being the IP address of the camera.
ramaz16

Post by ramaz16 »

Hi,

I'm new to Blue Iris. I noticed that when a certain camera recording motion events is disabled, and then later re-enabled, it continues to record events to the same open file until the set time or size limit is reached. This is good thing. However, there are situations when a currently open file is Cut manually in mistake, or a user wants to keep recording to a Cut file for another reason, like storing all events related to a certain person or activity together in one continuous file.

Pls add Reopen File feature that would allow a user to manually reopen to continue recording a selected file previously closed. If reopening the file requires to adjust previously set time or size limits, a popup message should suggest that at an attempt to reopen. Alternatively, add feature to manually Combine several closed files, or Append a closed file to the start of a currently open for recording file.
Last edited by ramaz16 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ramaz16

Post by ramaz16 »

Current scope of motion detection options is quite flexible, but improvement is still needed, in particular if no AI Human Detection is subscribed to.

I suggest to add an option "Object NON-movement duration" in "Motion Sensor - Object Detection" settings panel. For example, if a human moves across camera, it triggers recording. But then he stops, and only head or hands are moving a bit while waiting. The recording should continue until he remains in camera view (i.e. stays at the door or at a distance), and at least some part of his body is slightly moving. While movement of a small object alone like a cat or tree shadows should not trigger recording.

It would be overkill to adjust Break Time resulting in many needlessly lengthy clips. But when a large object movement is detected, and then he stops at camera view, there should be an option to set an independent longer wait time for him to move again in bypass of common Break Time. Currently many of my clips stop too earlier, when a human enters the detection scene and then stops, for example packing items to a bag or waiting at a distant car or next to door. Setting zones wouldn't help, as it can happen and should be recorded anywhere in the cam view.

Alternatively, it'll be helpful to add an option "Object shape change" in % or pxl next to "Object travels" in "Motion Sensor - Object Detection" settings panel. This way, when a larger object triggers recording, BI will monitor for smaller object parts movements, connected to the larger object, i.e. notable object shape changes (like moving hands) and keep recording. It would be equivalent to the object parts crossing somewhere along its perimeter a few zone sections adjacent to its current shape, or the object calculated surface square changes a bit.
Last edited by ramaz16 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
prd0000

Post by prd0000 »

Can you put multiple camera template at Web UI? Like one big, and a bunch of smaller ones, or 4 large and a bunch smaller ones.

Also, I seem to lose 10s auto disconnect settings every now and then. The browser suddenly disconnected after a few days of operation, and I have to set the timeout back to 0.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

A reminder....

This is a user forum supported by users of BI. ​Not a Blue Iris support to send requests and tickets too.
If you have suggestions for improvements that you would like to see implemented, please send BI support a message via BI.
ramaz16

Post by ramaz16 »

MikeBwca wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:25 am There already is a Notes filed in the cameras settings General tab.
Would be nice to have such Note popup on the camera mouse hover in multicam view. As to sending email suggestions to Support, there is no guarantee they will be treated any different compare to this thread, since the forum seems monitored by same support staff daily.

I'd also suggest to allow to add some Note to video clips. Now its unknown or can be forgotten why the clip was flagged. Pls allow also adding Notes to motion events on the clip timeline. All notes should popup on mouse hover, this will improve package usability and productivity.
ramaz16

Post by ramaz16 »

BVR Trimming

It would be nice to trim and save an existing BVR section as a separate BVR without re-encoding. Allows to save plenty of disk space in home setup, if done daily to keep only small video sections of interest. When required, some of these sections can be converted later to MP4, possibly in bulk on a more powerful PC. However, conversion might make them inadmissible into evidence in some jurisdictions, where video evidence is often treated by courts as "hearsay", especially if its not the original footage.

Why Trim feature wasn't added for all years BI exists? Its obvious not everyone wants or able to keep tons of useless recordings, or re-encode select sections daily for no particular reason, but only because its impossible to trim the BVR and preserve its overlay timestamp.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I agree. Exporting as bvr would be preferable. the exported clipped bvr can be viewed in BI with all the normal controls. Also, an unlicensed version of BI can be used as a view is needed.

You can quickly export as MP4 with out re-encoding.