BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

dodger697

Re: BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

Post by dodger697 »

I've just recently purchased and started using the BI security camera application, and so far, really like it......lots of capability and features.

The only immediate feature I'd like to see added would be to have support for more than 7 profiles.

Other than that, it's one of the best security camera Apps I've used so far...….
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Panic button on the phone app, as a widget. Tapping it would place an 'Alert' flag in the timeline.

When I hear a noise, getting to the desktop takes a few minutes. It's sometimes difficult to find the exact moment I hear the noise.
The App, although good, is not nearly as good as the desktop program in viewing recordings & clips.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Add an alert/flag withing a .bvr.

Sometimes when viewing a long clip, or continuous .bvr recording, I'll see something that I'd like to mark. I have to note the time to get back to it. Exporting these would be an option, but then I'd have several separate clips.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Adding a commentary, or, other audio in a recording.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Exporting multiple cameras in the timeline withing one video file, in a grid pattern - like the BI console.
Probably not really needed in the BI program.

I've accomplished this using the Windows 'Game Bar'. It works excellent capturing BI video and audio.
1. I set a special group for the cameras I want to export. This eliminates all the extra video you don't want.
2. Go into the timeline.
3. I disable the Clips, and sometimes the Timeline. Sometimes the timeline is nice to have.
4. Click the 'Full Screen' icon so the BI title bar & icons do not show.
5. Play the timeline.
- To get Audio, you need to have one of the cameras selected.
- You can control BI as normal, and it will record everything.
6. Press the key shortcut to start the Gamebar recording, and again to stop recording. Capture image is instantaneous.
For me, it takes about 2-3 seconds to start recording.

Note: To record audio, you need to enable it in the GameBar options.
Note: After a screen capture or recording, a pop out will appear on the right side of the monitor for a few seconds. Click it to open the capture folder.
Note: The capture size will be the same size as it appears on your monitor.

Gamebar: WinKey + G
Start recording: WinKey + Alt + R
Capture image: WinKey + Alt + PrintScreen
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Add external video stream. Like a traffic camera, or, live feed from any web source. Weather, Drone, Chats...
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I'd like to be able to set more prominent highlighting of a screen that's recording due to being triggered.

Basically just a setting for the border thickness and color, i.e. use a 5px red border when recording due to being triggered.

I'd also like to be able to resize a video window to any height and width I want rather than have to use layouts. Or, be able to pick a canned size for each camera window and let me arrange them however I want.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
amillerlv

Post by amillerlv »

Here are two features that would be nice.

A. Flagging an alert, you should have the option to enter a searchable description so you can go back days later and easily find a certain clip again without viewing every single flagged clip from that time period.

B. When viewing clips, add a scale factor or sensitivity to the silver round position bar so that dragging the position bar horizontally works well on both large and small clips.
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

StratRider wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:17 pm I might need to keep posting this until Ken gets it done.
For PTZ guys I can tell you that moving the cam to a point in the picture that you click on is sorely missing in BI.
I actually have to keep another software open on another computer just to accomplish this task.
This provides a quick aim if you need to zoom in.
Zooming in without it is incredibly inaccurate when you are shooting for a license plate or something else you need to do quickly.
PLEASE look into this. PTZ guys need attention too. :lol:
AFTER the above is accomplished this next item would be great for saving screen real estate and it is likely easily done also.
The controls for using the timeline should be on the left side of the Timeline on the same bar instead of taking up an entire band to itself.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Be able export across clip boundaries.