BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

MikeBwca

Re: BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

Post by MikeBwca »

Option for Login's to have them appear in the timeline & Cliplist - New field in cliplist for logins.
Be able to set timeline bar color, like the cameras.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

User logins:

Option to open txt/audio/video chat with user logged in.
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

StratRider wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:30 pm
StratRider wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:17 pm I might need to keep posting this until Ken gets it done.
For PTZ guys I can tell you that moving the cam to a point in the picture that you click on is sorely missing in BI.
I actually have to keep another software open on another computer just to accomplish this task.
This provides a quick aim if you need to zoom in.
Zooming in without it is incredibly inaccurate when you are shooting for a license plate or something else you need to do quickly.
PLEASE look into this. PTZ guys need attention too. :lol:
AFTER the above is accomplished this next item would be great for saving screen real estate and it is likely easily done also.
The controls for using the timeline should be on the left side of the Timeline on the same bar instead of taking up an entire band to itself.
When reviewing the timeline - change border color of the cam view that triggered the event so you don't have to zoom in on the .jpg shown on the timeline.
stonehome

Post by stonehome »

With reference to the new sub stream feature:

Please use primary stream for UI3 if you "solo" a steam/cam (analogue to the behavior of the BI client).

Currently the sub stream is used for all cam streams in UI3. If you click on a cam to enlarge as single image (solo/zoom), the quality is poor. Please use the primary stream for this to improve quality (if needed provide an option). The executable is already showing this behavior and using the primary stream if you solo an image.
rockit

Post by rockit »

Hi,

I would like to have to possibility to set different object sizes (motion sensing) in the different zones.
This would be good to be able to mitigate triggering objects depending on how close to the camera they are. :)
sdaly

Post by sdaly »

Feature: Add metadata to the snapshot jpg images

Details:
  • Include as much trigger/camera/BI info as possible (e.g.: all object rectangle positions & a flag if they triggered it, camera info, zones, current active profile & schedule,...etc) - basically anything you have available about the event that triggered it and the current state of BI that can help me.
  • Could add all as json blob inside the "Comments" field of the .jpg file (or wherever makes sense once I can get at it)
Reason: I am starting to write a tool to analysis the snapshot images to reduce my false positives by learning from previous triggers but its tricky without this information. Then I can make it only record the main streams and send alerts (as a GIF) when I determine that its really needed.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Feature suggestion: add a small, free-form "notes" field for each camera.

This field hold arbitrary notes on things like the camera location, particular features for that cam, notes on the config/setup, etc. For example, I'd like to be able to note which cams have H265 available, or what the URL to that particular camera's interface is.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Thixotropic wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:56 pm Feature suggestion: add a small, free-form "notes" field for each camera.

This field hold arbitrary notes on things like the camera location, particular features for that cam, notes on the config/setup, etc. For example, I'd like to be able to note which cams have H265 available, or what the URL to that particular camera's interface is.
I think you can do this with macros. That is how I do weather overlays.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Thixotropic wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:56 pm Feature suggestion: add a small, free-form "notes" field for each camera.

There already is a Notes filed in the cameras settings General tab. Do you mean something in addition to this field?
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I was thinking of something a little bigger. The one that's there is awfully small.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS