BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

StratRider

Re: BI 5 Feature suggestion thread

Post by StratRider »

After running my Amcrest PTZ cams with a few other softwares, I have so far, only found 2 items that I really miss and 1 that doesn't work for me on the existing BI5.
1 - If it were possible, I would like to see the PTZ controls be able to let me click anywhere in the picture itself and have the cam center itself on that location.
Perhaps that "stop" button in the middle of the PTZ control arrows (or a new button) could be used to turn on/off this feature - the same way it is done in SmartPSS.
2 - I find it odd that BI has to use the PTZ presets set up in other cams webUI too, but I know nothing about programming and maybe that would be asking too much.
3 - Finally, on the PTZ controls bar I can use the Brightness and Contrast just fine, but the switch to turn off the IR light does nothing for me. It would be cool if it did.

BI5 is new to me and I love it and can say that I find it quite an improvement over the BI4 that I was previously testing. It's simply the BEST. Thanks.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I wish I could help but frankly I can't even get started reading your post...

StratRider

Post by StratRider »

HeneryH wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:51 pm I wish I could help but frankly I can't even get started reading your post...
Had me questioning my presentation - then it sunk in - :lol:
flipflop

Post by flipflop »

I wasn't able to find an app feature suggestion thread, so I'm posting it here, but please correct me if I missed it somewhere.

I'd like to see a scrolling timeline in the app, like the BI5 application has, and like many other security cam apps have.
shackle101

Post by shackle101 »

1. Dewarping 180 degrees cameras.
2. H.265 support.
3. Better support of AMD processors if possible? I know my Ryzen 2700 would get hammered even with reduced fps, Direct to disc, Removing time stamps, etc. The same setup is only using 20% CPU on I7.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I'm going to repeat my longstanding request that users be able to change their own passwords.

It is ludicrous that only the admin user creates passwords then has to tell the user what they are.
JimBoCA

Post by JimBoCA »

shackle101 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:07 am 1. Dewarping 180 degrees cameras.
2. H.265 support.
3. Better support of AMD processors if possible? I know my Ryzen 2700 would get hammered even with reduced fps, Direct to disc, Removing time stamps, etc. The same setup is only using 20% CPU on I7.
No idea about #1, but 2 & 3 have been discussed on the other forum...
https://ipcamtalk.com/forums/whats-new.31/
mattxo

Post by mattxo »

Vulkan for decoding/encoding please. This should work with AMD/NVIDIA and anything else vulkan supports which is pretty much everything?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

PerryG wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:54 pm I have a camera recording activity at a birdfeeder and I watch the recorded video almost every night. I was spoiled with the ease of controlling the playback speed in BI4, and I feel like BI5 has taken a step back in that area.
Although the new controls are nice to work with, I too would like the old controls as an option.

What I did was to go into BI Settings 'Keyboard shortcuts', and assign keys for the left and right control, plus the next & prev. This gives me the controls you mention. It's also quicker since I don;t need to keep looking on the screen and moving the mouse to click the control buttons.
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

I might need to keep posting this until Ken gets it done.
For PTZ guys I can tell you that moving the cam to a point in the picture that you click on is sorely missing in BI.
I actually have to keep another software open on another computer just to accomplish this task.
This provides a quick aim if you need to zoom in.
Zooming in without it is incredibly inaccurate when you are shooting for a license plate or something else you need to do quickly.
PLEASE look into this. PTZ guys need attention too. :lol: