Video Quality in Multiview

macster2075

Re: Video Quality in Multiview

Post by macster2075 »

Sorry for making things a little confusing haha.
When I say it looks like crap, I meant pixelated as it shows on the previous snapshots I've posted.

"When viewing in full screen, right click on the camera. Main Stream when Full Screen - if it's not enabled, enable it."
Mine has that option selected but when I click on the camera and make it full screen, it remains blurry and pixelated and won't change to full resolution.

This is how it looks when setting the Anamorphic to 320x240 just to test it out, but will stay like this when viewing in full screen. This is what I meant when I said it looks like crap.
So you're saying that no matter what resolution I set in anamorphic, once I make it full screen it should switch to its native resolution right?
If that's the case, that's not happening here. I notice it will only switch to its full reso when viewing in full screen, if I use sub stream.
Attachments
1080p.JPG
1080p.JPG (79.15 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
macster2075

Post by macster2075 »

I did notice that even though it won't swtich to full reso when I make it full screen, the actual recordings are in full resolution, so that's good.
The way I have it now is.. I forced all cameras to 1280 x 720 Anamorphic and it looks clear enough for my liking and the cpu usage is actually about the same as when using sub stream.
I would prefer doing this than using sub stream, because when using sub stream there is only one resolution available..this way using Anamorphic I can use different kinds of reso and it has the same impact on cpu as using sub stream, but with more flexibility.
Attachments
1280x720.JPG
1280x720.JPG (47.57 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
macster2075

Post by macster2075 »

I guess the only difference I see between using sub stream and using Anamorphic setting is that when using sub stream, the resolution will change to full when using full screen.
When using Anamorphic, the resolution will not switch to full resolution when using full screen.

Is that right or it should switch as well?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

So you're saying that no matter what resolution I set in anamorphic, once I make it full screen it should switch to its native resolution right?

I would prefer doing this than using sub stream, because when using sub stream there is only one resolution available..this way using Anamorphic I can use different kinds of reso and it has the same impact on cpu as using sub stream, but with more flexibility

When using Anamorphic, the resolution will not switch to full resolution when using full screen.
Image Format Settings: p48
In the case of a Network IP camera, the image size and max frame rate are determined for you based on what the camera is sending to Blue Iris. If these are not as you expect, they need to be set in the camera’s browser interface directly. In some cases, there may be parameters as part of the video URL which control these settings however.
I don't know squat about anamorphic - it's not well documented and I don't know what it does. I played with it early on, don't understand it. I enabled sub streams and fine tuned my rig using recommended settings over time - learning as I go. Anamorphic is greyed out - I can't change it and assume it's because it's been set for me per the help file. Here's me: Good. Everything works, I have no resolution issues - any screen, any layout, beautiful. There is nothing I need that I don't already have. Plus quality and performance gains.

I think that the way you are trying to use those features in BI is causing unexpected consequences. What is the benefit of "different kinds of reso"? If you don't want to use sub streams - your choice. I'm trying to help and not getting the information asked for so the best advice I can offer is: resistance to sub streams is futile....

I'm not sayin' I'm right, I'm just sayin' that's how I see it.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
tumblweed9999

Post by tumblweed9999 »

I think the 5Mp Amcrest are not 16:9 format but rather 4:3 format. As somebody mentioned in another forum some time ago. I have 5 of them. and they do not display the same as the 1920x1080 /16:9 cams.
macster2075

Post by macster2075 »

Right.. I have been testing things out and even if I set the cameras in default settings, the image just looks too pixelated for my liking when using sub stream or not.
Once I make it full screen, then the image becomes very clear, but this only happens if I use the sub stream.

If I don't use sub stream, then I can change the Anamorphic resolution to whatever you want and make the image look how I want it. - I did this based on the BI Help file.
The only difference I see between using Anamorphic and using sub stream is what I said before...with sub stream, the quality will change to full HD when you double click on the camera, with Anamorphic, once you set it to lets say 1080p, it will stay on that resolution even if you make it full screen...but, the actual video recordings will be in the full camera's resolution.

It would be awesome if when using Anamorphic, it will also switch to full HD when double clicking on the camera to watch full screen as it does when using sub stream.