Can one combine or concatenate pre-recorded clips?

stavana

Can one combine or concatenate pre-recorded clips?

Post by stavana »

I have multiple timelapse clips that are saved on my HDD based on BI format. I want to concatenate them. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
TimG

Re: Can one combine or concatenate pre-recorded clips?

Post by TimG »

I don't think BI will do this, but I guess you could convert them into something a video editing program could work with.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
stavana

Post by stavana »

OK thanks for your response
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

What is the 'Combine or cut' set at? Easier to work with smaller files, but, you'll run into this type of issue.
I use 24 hours, as I do not move or export them. I Export smaller clips from time-to-time.

An excellent free for personal use graphic editor is 'DaVinci Resolve' by 'Blackmagic Design'... https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ciresolve/
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

DaVinci Resolve is a most excellent application and a good recommendation in my opinion. If I'm just combining video and not editing, I use Avidemux Portable. It's butt simple for the task, free, and the portable platform means that it doesn't require installation - I run portable apps from an old 1.5 TB USB 2.0 drive.

I uploaded a short video demonstrating how easy it is to combine MP4.
Combine MP4 via Avidemux
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
stavana

Post by stavana »

Thank you all for your responses. Looks like one has to use a third party tool for this.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Yes, it would require processing outside of BI. You have to export said clips to some format, usually MP4, and then join them with another program.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I use FFMPEG to do this and it works very well. Not a point-and-click kind of thing but it's still easy to use.

In Linux you can also do this just by concatenating files. A little more obscure but also works perfectly.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Exactly... the point is: the task cannot be done with raw BVR files requiring 3rd party utilities.