I lost a camera from my main window layout - help?

HeneryH

I lost a camera from my main window layout - help?

Post by HeneryH »

In my tinkering around with what happens when you click or double click on a camera in the main x-up display, I at one point changed the action for click (or maybe double-click but that doesn't matter) to "Open Desktop Window".

I did that action on one of my cameras and that camera opened up in a new window. Cool. Just as expected.

BUT NOW I can't get it back into my main display anymore. It is gone. Still working properly and still visible via the web interface. Just not visible in the main console display x-up.

Any ideas on how to get that camera back into the fold?

Of note, on camera statistics, that camera is showing webcasting data rates while the others do not.

Ideas?
YrbkMgr

Re: I lost a camera from my main window layout - help?

Post by YrbkMgr »

You go into Layout Edit mode -> Right click on the offender -> Uncheck Open in Desktop frame.
BI Open in Destop Frame_sm.JPG
BI Open in Destop Frame_sm.JPG (87.64 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

But I don't see the offender in the layout editor. Just the other ones.

1/2/4 are good (even though 4 is offline at the moment)
3 is the one I screwed.

YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Your status log shows camera 3 as the first one. The offender is camera 4, the one that's offline. Listen... the new layout feature that BI added is poorly documented and confusing. What you do, is open the BI console -> Layout Edit Mode (green background). There's a circular icon with a number in it. Click that once and it should turn green (enabled). If cam4 does not pop to the foreground, try toggling that button on and off. It's there - I just tested, and even though task switcher doesn't show it, minimizing every window on the desktop should reveal it. In layout mode I clicked on various areas playing around, and it shows up.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

The problem camera is Cam3 which is the front driveway.

I do have a camera that is offline but that one is a red herring. I know that one is unplugged at the moment.

Autocycle goes through the three (including the offline one) but does NOT go through the fourth.

Reminder that all four ARE showing in the web viewer as shown in the one screen shot above.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I’ve done something similar when I played around with the Edit Layout option. I can’t quite remember but I had to go into Edit Layout to get the green border then minimise the main BI window and clicking back and fourth allowed the cam set to desktop window to appear which allowed me to right click it and untick the desktop window option.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

HeneryH wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:08 pm The problem camera is Cam3 which is the front driveway.

I do have a camera that is offline but that one is a red herring. I know that one is unplugged at the moment.

Autocycle goes through the three (including the offline one) but does NOT go through the fourth.

Reminder that all four ARE showing in the web viewer as shown in the one screen shot above.
Self Help Content -> Release Notes -> Layout Edit Mode
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

OK, I set all my cameras to "Open in Desktop Frame" and now I can see all four.

But how to get them all back to NON desktop frame?

Once I take any one of them off of desktop frame it fills the whole screen covering the other remaining desktop frames?

Argh, finally got it. Some random combination of toggling "Maximize Frame" and not seemed to bring the desktop frames to the fore so that I could unclick the Desktop Frame option for all of my cams.

Finally.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Right click on each camera and disable open in desktop frame. I posted a video of how to get it back. Blue Iris Layout Edit Open in Desktop Frame
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Sounds easy enough.... I eventually did get there but the challenge I had was that unclicking the first one made it full screen thus covering up the other three.